17

Blood & Silver
~
Lycus
~

"Can you smell anything? She was here when we were heading back to the car — maybe—"

Lycus grunted and whipped around, shooting daggers at his mate that frowned at his fixed glare, not impressed by it as her hands placed on those curvy, wide hips that he wouldn't mind gripping hard if given the chance.

"What?" Accalia demanded.

Lycus forced his eyes back to hers, swallowing the creeping desire swaying his senses and
sneered, "you're being annoying,"

"Oh, I'm sincerely sorry about that, Lycus. I'm sorry for the inconvenience." Accalia muttered sarcastically.

Ignoring her, Lycus stalked up to his brother, inhaling every ounce of smell his nose could intake and he didn't come up empty handed. Flowery scents enveloped him, the distasteful and earthy smells like he could taste them on the tip of his tongue.

And then hers. Accalia's essence of wood and rose. He shook his head briefly, attempting to shake her off even as she steered by his side, following him intently wherever he went like a shadow.

"Gabriel," Lycus called out and saw his brother dusting off his jacket idly before coming over.

Nina had shifted into her lycan form, immersing herself in her true nature as she took her efforts into the bushes scattering the outskirts of the cemetery. At first, Accalia refused, blurting out this would only cause a ruckus, but she was overruled by Gabriel's advice.

Nina in her other form would reach greater masses than the Fenris brothers lingering around here. But Lycus wasn't willing to let Accalia wander off; she would most likely fall into an empty grave or get hurt.

"Her scent is faint, but still lingers. From what I've tracked it follows south, I believe that's where a lot of caves and secluded areas are. That's roughly two hours away from the Fenris pack." Gabriel informed the others, twirling his fingers together as he looked off distantly.

"Do you think she's around there?" Accalia bit at her nails and tried to restrain the nervousness in her voice.

"Possibly, Zenith's territory is beyond that, but we'd need to head further there, then remain here." Gabriel responded.

Accalia nodded keenly and by those words, she seemed eager to carry on with no intention of stopping until her cousin was found. "Alright, let's go now then."

Lycus shot Gabriel a crude look and briefly shook his head at him. It was nearly daylight, the skies were becoming lighter and if they were to do anything more, they'd need more preparation, maybe even the tools of an oracle to venture further.

"We would, Accalia, but there's something else." Gabriel said.

Lycus looked away, stuffing his hands into jeans as knew what his brother was about to unveil. He could smell it too, as soon as he stepped foot out of the car it was evident and obvious, but he needed concrete proof to confirm it to himself.

Accalia tensed, every body part seizing up and Lycus almost wanted to comfort her, string his arm over her shoulders, place his hands in hers but he knew he'd be met with coldness and hostility.

"There's no other scents. Only hers. Yours still remains, kind of flowery and woodsy, I can still smell the blood on you from yesterday, whereas with Cadence she only smells of lavender and blood." Gabriel confessed to Accalia.

Accalia closed her eyes as to drink in the information like an elixir, but when she opened them again, it wasn't a welcoming look appearing across her features. "I heard her scream, she wouldn't just take off. Maybe someone masked their scent ..."