16. Slap!

Athena

I really don't know what to say or what to do right now. I looked at Evelyn and James and felt like something is wrong. Evelyn looked irritated while James looked happy.

I really don't know what is going on between them but i have my own doubts. There is one think i am sure of that Evelyn is not a Homewrecker.

"Evelyn won't do something like this. I am pretty sure that there is some misunderstanding " i said but Andrew didn't looked convinced.

I need to convince him that Evelyn is innocent. I don't want to start a war between Paulsen and Knights right now.

"Maybe she doesn't know about the engagement just like me" i said
"Maybe you're right " he replied
I sighed in relief. I really need to talk to Evelyn about this.

The auction has already started so i decided to focus on it. There were lots of beautiful and antic stuff been auctioned. Andrew and Lance brought few stuffs since they need to do some charity to maintain there reputation.

Same thing is applicable on us but i can't buy on behalf of Paulsen even if i want to because i am accompanying Andrew. But i don't need to worry about it since Evelyn is bidding on behalf of Paulsen and she even brought few paintings. I really don't know what she is going to do with the painting but who cares.

There was nothing special in auction that i wanted to buy except one that was a beautiful sapphire diamond that i really wanted. The sapphire diamond is actually the sapphire on the crown of queen Diana of 80th century.

But before i could even bid for it Andrew started bidding for it

But before i could even bid for it Andrew started bidding for it. I didn't wanted to compete with him so i decided to let it go. Anyways it's just an diamond not a big deal.

After few minutes finally the auction came to an end and it was time for dinner. This was the right time to talk with Evelyn.
I found Evelyn standing in the corner with a glass of wine.

"We need to talk" i said and dragged her towards the corridor
"What happened Thea???" she asked
"What are you doing here with James??" I need to understand what is actually going on between them.

"Nothing...i just came with him as his date" she replied casually
At that time i knew that she has no idea about his engagement.

"Stay away from him...he is a bad news" i said sternly
"Why???" She asked confusedly.

"Do you know he is engaged to Jessica Knight??" I asked
Her eyes widened in shock.
"No...i have no idea about it" she said sadly. I can see sadness in her eyes.

"It's ok but please stay away from him. I don't want our relationship with Knights to be destroyed " i said
"Don't worry i will never do something that will tarnish our family's name" she said confidently.
I know that i can always trust her.

After that i went back to the ball. I am really tired and the only thing i want right now is to sleep. I want to go back home but i can't since Andrew is still busy talking with one of his investors.

I was standing in a corner drinking whiskey when i saw a familiar figure walking towards me.

When i looked at the figure carefully I realized that the person is none other than James Oliver!!!
But the questions is why he is walking towards me??? He looked very angry and he is also glaring at me.
What the hell!!!!

"What do you think of yourself " he said while glaring at me. He looks very angry and he is drunk too.
"What???"  I asked him confusedly.

"Ohhh don't act to be so innocent. It doesn't suit you" he said
I don't know what is his problem.
"Just because you're single doesn't mean that you  will destroy others love life" he glared at me like i killed his cat.

I looked at him carefully i realized that his left cheeks is red like someone slapped him.
Wait a second!!! Did Evelyn slapped him. Well there are chances because just like me Evelyn also hates cheater.
Now it all make sense no wonder why he is angry.

"You really think that i will let you fool my sister " i said.
"Who told you too interfere in others business " he said.
"Don't forget that she is my sister and i will never let her date someone like you" i said angrily. Who the hell does he think of himself.

"What do you think i am???" He asks
"Playboy " i instantly replied.
"Before judging other people look at your own family " he spats

"Don't you dare say another word about my family " i snapped. He laughed at my words like i cracked some joke.
"Your sister is fucking slut who seduced Lance and married him. And not to mention now you're busy seducing Andrew " he said with a smirk knowing very well that his words will make me angry.
I am really trying to not get angry and create a scene in the public but this guy is getting into my nerves.

I opened my mouth to reply him but he cuts me off by saying something that made me lose my mind.
"You know what it's not your fault afterall you're just like your mother a slut aren't you???"
Without thinking twice i raised my hand and gave him a tight slap.
How dare he!!!! Does he really thinks that he will talk shit about my family and i won't do anything.

No one mess with my family and just walks away.

The whole room went quiet after i gave him a slap. Everyone were looking at us but no one dared to come near us. James is shocked will be an understatement. Maybe he didn't expected this from me.

I threw  a glare at him before walking away. I need to get out of here because if i stay a second here i might do something that i will regret later.

I walked out of the ballroom and took out my phone to book a cab. I need to go back home right now. I need to talk Evelyn and make sure she is fine.

I don't know but i have a feeling that something is wrong with her. I am damn sure that she has some history with James. I saw sadness in her eyes when i told her about James engagement.

I am not sure but i think she has some feelings for that Oliver guy or else Evelyn would have never reacted like that. She is alone and emotionally hurt right now. She needs a shoulder to lean on and i want to give that shoulder.

Evelyn was there for me when i needed her and when she needs me i can't just walk away. I looked down at my phone and was about to book a cab when all of sudden someone snatched my phone from my hand

What the hell!!!!

************************************
Hey my lovely readers,
I hope you liked today's chapter. Please tell me your view in the comments section. And what do you think what will happen next???

Do follow my instagram account drops_of_ambrosia.