87. Fools

Athena

I don't know when i fell asleep but i woke up when I heard some commotion coming from downstairs. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my arms. When i saw the time it was 5 in the evening. I again heard some sound like something broke.

What the hell is going on? I quickly wore my slippers and walked downstairs. My whole family is gathered in the living room like some family meeting is going on.

I can feel the tension in the air. Everyone looks worried. Ashton looks furious. He looks like a blood thirsty breast right now which means something big happened when i was resting in my room. I saw broken vase on the ground.

WTH?

"Your only job was to protect her and you can't even do that properly....." Ashton yelled. At whom is he yelling? Till now my family are not informed of my presence. They all are too busy in something that they haven't seen me coming down.

"What happened?" I asked. Everyone turned towards. I can see worry on there face. I walked further inside the living room. Something seems odd and then my eyes fell on Mark. He had a bandage on his forehead.

Oh shit!! Where is Amelia? She went to see mom in afternoon and now it's evening. She should come back by now.
"Where is Amelia? Did she decided to go back to Hamilton. But she didn't told me about...wait i should call her....." i pulled out my phone to call her but Ashton stopped me.
"It's of no use. She forgot her phone here." He said. Ohhh yes, she kept her phone on charging.

"Then where the hell is she?" I shouted
"Athena calm down. I know today has been a very chaotic day but please calm down..." Ashton said
"Where is she?" I asked
"She has been kidnapped...." Ashton replied. I gasped in shock.
"What? How? I...." i felt so helpless right now.

Instead of asking more questions to Ashton i decided to interrogate Mark.
"What happened?"
"Ma'am, she went inside the graveyard and told me wait outside. She wanted to be alone. Mrs. Hamilton was coming back when she met Dr. Jacob and they decided to take a walk. Dr. Jacob didn't seemed harmful so i didn't bother to follow them and then all of sudden someone attacked me from behind. When i woke up Mrs. Hamilton was gone and I found these letter on the ground....."

I snatched the letter from his hand.

If you want your sister alive then come alone or else you already know what can i do.

Behind the letter was an address of a cafe.

Ridiculous!! I didn't expected something like these will happen. But i need to go. I can't put Amelia's life in danger. She has been already kidnapped because of me. I never expected my enemies will attack my sister. Anyway i should have expected these from those cowards. But what was Jacob doing there? Well i don't have time to think about all these.

"I need to go..." i said
"No Athena, you are not going alone. It's very risky " Ashton said.
"If i don't then they will kill Amelia. And i will never forgive myself for these " i said.
"We don't even know them. What if they are dangerous? What if they belong to some mafia? Maybe they are Russian or Brazilian mafia that you were dealing with. " Evelyn said. I can understand her worry. But now is not the time to be emotional.

And i know that those people are not Russian or Brazilian. I know them very well. If they have problem from me then they will attack me not my family.

"Athena we need a plan. You can't just walk in the trap like that.." Ashton said.
"Who said i don't have a plan " i said. He looked at me confusedly.
"Ashton you taught me that when you don't know your enemy properly then play with there minds. That's what i am doing right now. When they will see me alone they will think they won." I said.