65. Injured

Athena

Fear?? I have never feared anything in my life. But today the situation is different. For the first time in my life I am afraid.

It's a weird feeling. I am scared because today Aiden life is also in danger because of me. I am paralyzed on my spot unable to do anything. I gulped nervously.

I was brought back to reality when Aiden grabbed my wrist and dragged me behind the bar. We were hiding behind the bar. I can hear few gunshots.

Of course they're firing to scare the common people. I know they come here to kill me.

I looked beside me and saw the bartender was also hiding behind the bar. He looked scared. I signalled him to not make any noise. Or else our cover will be blown.

Aiden took out a pocket knife and placed on my hand.
"I hope you don't need to use this. But still keep it" he whispered. He was about to stood up but i stopped him and said.
"What the hell are you doing?"
"Athena you know it's just a matter of time before they will find us. The only way that we can get out of here alive is by killing those bastards " he replied. I know what he meant but that's impossible.

How can Aiden kill six people all alone? It's next to impossible.

"Trust me everything will be fine. But please don't leave your hiding place at any condition " he said and placed a kiss on my forehead. With these he left me. I clenched the pocket knife in my hand. I did a small prayer in my head to keep Aiden safe.

I will never able to forgive myself if anything happens to him.

After that i heard series of gunshots. I just hope that everything will be fine. Oh god please protect Aiden. Don't punish him for my mistakes. He is innocent.

After 5 mins there was pin drop silence. I waited for few more seconds but i didn't hear any gunshot sound. I really don't know if Aiden was successful in killing all of them. But i was done hiding.

I took a deep and tightened my grip on the knife. I slowly stood up from hiding place. I looked around and saw few dead bodies lying on the floor. There was blood everywhere.

I slowly made my way from behind the bar. From corner of my eye i saw Aiden hiding behind the sofa. I sighed internally and thanked god for keeping him safe. Quickly and quietly i made my way towards Aiden.

He was shocked will be an understatement when he saw me. And then his eyes darkened with anger.
"What the hell are you doing here?" He muttered.
"I wanted to make sure that you are fine" i said.

"Which part of 'not to leave your hiding place ' you didn't understood " he said.
Bloody Asshole!!! Here i risked my life for him. But instead been grateful he's lecturing me. Once i am out of this place i will teach him a good lesson.

"Can we talk about this later. I want to get the hell out of this place and no interest in dying today." I said. He didn't said anything and I was grateful for that.
"So what's the status?" I asked
"There were total six men out of which four are dead. There are two more men but it's not easy to kill them because one of them is the leader" he replied.

"You do know we can't hide for the whole day we need a...." before i could a complete my sentence a gunshot was fired towards us. Of course it was blind firing do we were not hurt and plus we have the sofa to protect us.

"You are right" Aiden said and before I could understand what he meant he stood up and walked towards the middle of the bar. I also slowly stood up from my hiding place. As soon as Aiden walked left his hiding place, the other two men also came out.