41. Attack

Athena

Night sky is looking so beautiful. Full of beautiful stars. At that time i remembered a quote that i read long back ago, it said that when life takes you to the dark, grab the courage to shine like a star.

This quote is applicable on my situation. Earlier sleep was a luxury for me and now it's priceless. I really tired hard to sleep and when i finally fell asleep i woke up due to a nightmare.

I hardly slept for 3 hours. And now I am just waiting for sun to rise so that i could get out of bed. I can take sleeping pills but i decided not too.

Sleeping pills are not good for health. As a doctor i know the side effects and you can easily get addicted to it. And addiction is the last thing i want right now.

After few hours my room was filled with sun rays. I sighed in relief finally it's morning. I quickly got out of the bed. At the same time i heard my phone vibrating maybe a message came. I quickly checked my chat box and saw an unread message.
It reads that,
Come to the headquarters by 8

What the hell!! Today is Saturday. It's a holiday. I wanted some me time today.

Oh god!! Anyways i can't deny her. So i decided to get ready. I took a long bath and after that i decided to wear my clothes.

I wore a black jeans and a grey sweater. I wore a black leather jacket on it. I wanted to look a bit badass so i decided to pair my outfits with a black boots. I did a simple makeup and tied my hair in a ponytail.

When i was satisfied by my looks i decided to walk downstairs

When i was satisfied by my looks i decided to walk downstairs. I walked downstairs with a confident smile on my face. The house is quite anyways its to early to wake up.

I was about to reach the main door when i heard a voice.
"You're going somewhere?"
I turned around and found Amelia sitting on the sofa. It seems like she was waiting for me.
"Yes i have some work" i replied.
"If you have some time can we talk?" She asks. At first i wanted to deny but i knew that sooner or later I am going to have that talk so i decided it to be sooner.

I nodded my head and sat infront of her.
"You wanted to talk" i said when i found her in deep thoughts. She looked a bit nervous.
"I wanted to talk about you and Lance " she said
"What's there to talk?" I said.

"Are you seriously dating Lance " she said.
"No we are faking it " i said. Although this is the truth but i know she won't believe.

"Athena i am serious " she said and threw a glare at me.
"Yes we are dating " i said.
"Athena i want you to break up with him" she said. She really thinks i will listen to her.

"Why?" I asked
"Athena i know that you're hurt because of me and Andrew but that doesn't mean you will go and date any random guy" she said.
"First off Lance isn't any random guy. He is my ex brother in law and secondly what makes you think that i am doing all this because of you and Andrew" i said
Sternly.