83. The Culprit

Ashton

I looked at the beautiful mansion wondering whether i should go inside or not? Well i don't have any choose. I promised Athena and i am not breaking my promise.

I really hate Knight. It's not that i hate Andrew because he is a Knight. I hate him because he broke my sister's heart once and can't take another risk. For me there is no man on this earth that deserve my sisters.

I still feel guilty for not stopping grandpa from getting Amelia married in Hamilton. If two years ago i had raised my voice then maybe my sister won't have suffered. Those Hamilton won't have taken advantage of sister's innocence. But i won't let the history repeat itself.

But i need to give a chance to Andrew. Andrew has to go through many test to prove himself that he deserves Athena. It won't be a easy game.

I stepped out of the car and walked towards the door. I rang the bell and after few seconds the housekeeper opens the door.
"I came to meet Andrew..." i informed her.
"Sir is in the living room.." she replied and bowed her head in respect. I gave her a nod and made my way inside the mansion.

I walked inside the dark corridor that is connected to the living room. I was about enter the living room when i heard Andrew yelling at someone. He sounded very angry and frustrated. I can even hear woman voice.

I decided to hide behind a pillar to hear everything. I know what I am doing is wrong. But i have a gut feeling that Knights are definitely hiding something. And my instincts are never wrong.

"Mom why would you do this...." Andrew yelled
"I did all this for you..." Mrs. Knight replied.
WTH? Are they talking about.

"Mom i know everything you were the one who tried to kill Athena " Andrew said angrily.
"That's not true... Scarlett is the one who tried to kill Athena"
"Stop lying mom. I know that you appointed a mimicry artist to make me look like a culprit. And as much as i remember Greene's are bankrupt so from where did Scarlett got so much resources to kidnap Athena. You gave her all the resources. "

What?? So it's Mrs. Knight who tried to kill Athena. I knew that Knights doesn't deserve to be trusted.

"I did all this for our family. Why don't you understand " Mrs. Knight cried
"Have you ever thought what will happen to me if Athena died?" Andrew asked
"You are so blind in her love that you can't differentiate between right and wrong. She is going to destroy everything. "

"Ohh really mom, you think Athena is the reason for everything that happens in our family. Tomorrow if our company gets bankrupt then i Damn sure Athena will be the reason behind it" Jessica said sarcastically. A smirk crept on my face. I always thought that Jessica is sweet and innocent. But she definitely has a backbone.

"See the way she is arguing with me because of that bitch. Athena is a very bad influence on our family "
"Mom, that's enough. Athena is not the problem. It's you" Andrew said.
"Today you might not believe but in future you will regret it. The Paulsen sisters are witches. They use there beauty and brains to lure men. At first Amelia used you and now Athena is using you. I am telling you she will destroy everything. And i won't let that happen "Mrs. Knight said.

I can't believe she think like this about my sister. Athena was right now matter who much we study and get those fancy degree our mentality never changes. Mrs. Knight comes from such a good family but still her thinking is so low.

"Mom please stop blaming Athena. You should feel guilty for what you did. Athena has never disrespected you even though you treated her so badly. You should apologize to her" Jessica said in her calm voice.
"Apologize? My foot. And you are right i shouldn't blame Athena for all this when my daughter is good for nothing "