43. Lunch

Athena

Its afternoon and I am in my room staring at my reflection in the mirror. My hair is curled and I am wearing a white cocktail dress. I paired my outfit with matching accessories and a white handbag.

Although i am not interested in going to this lunch but i promised mom and i can't break my promise

Although i am not interested in going to this lunch but i promised mom and i can't break my promise. Evelyn wasn't happy with my decision. But at the end i was successful in convincing her to accompany me.

After i was satisfied by my look i walked downstairs and waited for Evelyn. I sat down on the sofa and started checking my e-mails to pass my time.

After few minutes i heard some footsteps coming towards me and when i raised my head i found Evelyn standing infront of me. She is looking very pretty in her red satin dress. But this dress is not appropriate for a family meeting.

"Evelyn what are you wearing?" I asked
"Dress " she replied. I rolled my eyes at her sarcastic reply.
"You know that we are going on lunch not clubbing " i said

"I know but i have decided to annoy Mom" she said with a smirk.
"But why?" I asked. Mom will be very angry on Evelyn.

"Because she forced you to come to this lunch and now i want to take revenge on her" she replied
"Seriously you're going to take revenge on Mom and secondly mom didn't forced me it was my decision " i said sternly. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Athena of course Mom didn't forced you she asked you to come and you as an obedient daughter said yes" she said while glaring at me.

"She knows that you will never deny her if she asks something from you " she said. I can see how angry she is right now.
"Evelyn listen.." she cuts me off by saying
"I am not gonna change by clothes either i go like this or don't go at all"

I know that I can't change her mind this time
"Ok fine let's go " i said. I just hope Mom doesn't get angry at Evelyn. Those were the only thoughts running in my mind.

We entered the mansion and I saw Mom waiting for us. She sighed in relief when she saw us.
"Sorry Mom got late due to traffic " i said.
"It's ok sweetheart " she said with a smile. She frowned when she looked at Evelyn.

"What are you wearing?" Mom said
"Dress Mom should i remove it" Evelyn replied sarcastically.
"Evelyn!!!" Mom yelled.
Oh shit!! I need to stop them

"Mom everyone must be waiting for us let go " i said trying to change the topic. She took few deep breaths and shook her head in disappointment. Then she turned around and walked towards the dinning room. I took Evelyn's hand and followed right behind her.

I took a sit and Evelyn sat beside. As soon as we sat inside the maid's started serving the food. I looked at Amelia who was sitting beside Andrew. She is looking very cute in her peach cheongsam dress.

I put my all focus in eating since i have no intention taking any part in the wedding preparation.
"Amelia what do you think should we have a destination wedding " Mrs. Knight asked Amelia.
"No i think we should have a small wedding ceremony " Amelia replied in her usual calm voice. Andrew supported her in this.