35. Drenched

Andrew

As soon as i stepped out of the mansion the clouds roared angrily as it begin to pour heavily.

Shit!! I can't believe this is happening right now. I need to find Athena as soon as possible.

I quickly sat inside the car and Jace started driving. The information that Evelyn gave me are not enough to find her but i will try my best. I just hope she is fine.

"Jace drive fast we don't have time" i yelled at him. I just want to Athena to be save that's all i need.

There is only place where this cabin can be situated and it's outskirt of the city. I just hope that i will find her soon. I should have stopped her when she walked out of the house. There is so many things that i could have done but now it's too late.

After 1 hour we were finally drove out of the city. According to the source the cabin should be situated in middle of the forest. All of sudden Jace stopped the car.
"What happened " i asked him
"The road ahead is narrow so we need to walk " he said

I stepped out of the car. It's raining so heavily but i don't have any other options. At the same time i saw a red car parked near a tree. The car looka a bit familiar. It was then when i realized that the car belongs to Athena.

It means we are at the right place. Without bothering about the heavy rain i continued my journey. After walking for few minutes i finally saw the cabin.

I knocked twice and waited for her to open but she didn't. When i pushed the door at that time i realized that the door wasn't locked.

What the hell?? How she can be so careless.

I walked inside the cabin. The cabin was small but the interior is very beautiful. I must say Athena has an amazing taste.

My eyes fell on a her. She was laying on the sofa with her eyes closed. Cool breeze from the window made her chocolate brown hair blow like serene grass bending with the breeze.

I slowly walked towards. She was sleeping and i have no intention of disturbing her. I slowly placed my hand on her cheeks. Her cheeks are cold and at that time i realized that her clothes are wet which means she got drenched in rain. Guilt ate me from inside as i saw how low her temperature had dropped.

Oh God!! She is having a fever.

Then my eyes fell on the empty bottle of whiskey. Don't tell me she drank the whole bottle. This all is happening because of me. If anything happened to her then i will never forgive myself.

I quickly picked her up in bridal style and walked out of the cabin. Jace was waiting outside with an umbrella in his hand. He quickly walked towards us  with the umbrella.

I sat inside the car with Athena in my arms. I told Jace to turn on the heater. I instructed Jace to take us to my penthouse since Athena needs immediate medical attention and my penthouse is near in compare to my mansion.

I have already informed my family doctor about her condition and he will reach the penthouse in few minutes.

I looked at Athena her soft rose petals like lips which are usually glossy has turned to blue with her skin pruning by being wet in rain.

I hugged her tightly and placed a kiss on her forehead. Please get well.

Within 30mins we reached our destination without delaying i took her to my room turning on the heater in blast.

I placed her on the bed. My hands working fast as i took off her pink sweater and white trousers. If it was some other time i would have taken time in admiring her beauty but after touching her burning forehead i felt terror grip my heart.

I put my softest cashmere sweater on her.

"Athena " i called her name but she didn't responded.
"Call the doctor " i told Jace.

Why the hell the doctor has not arrived till now?? He should have arrived by now. Oh god!!! This is a nightmare
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Too much of anxiety, stress...she had a panic attack. I am not sure but i think she has some sleeping disorder. Mr. Knight, we have the sample of her blood test here and it indicates that she has been taking anti depressions pills which proves she has depression. Her fever is getting better after i have given her the necessary medication"

I can't help but remember what the doctor said to me just a hour ago. I watched Athena wrapped in a soft blanket, lying on her stomach with her head tilted aside. Since how long is this war been going on.

She had depression and i had no idea about it. This proves how little i know about her.

What was she doing to herself?
I was petrified after seeing her condition now but how has she taken care of her before. How could i ignore the sign that she was not well while i spend so much time with her.

"Athena " my warm palm encased her pearl like was as i called out her name. She had been sleeping for more than two hours and had eaten nothing.

I need to make her eat something plus i need to feed her the medicine too. I quickly walked towards the kitchen to cook something tasty and light for her.

I decided to make chicken soup for her. In few minutes my soup was ready. I filled the bowl with the soup. I walked inside the room and kept the soup on the bedside table.

I called out her name to wake her up and eat but she didn't woke up instead she buried her face more in the pillow.

After few minutes she finally woke up but i knew that she was very weak and tired. After feeding her the soup i gave her the medicine which she took without any tantrums.

"Sleep Athena " i said while covering her with the blanket.
I turned around to leave but i was stopped by her.
"Please don't go" she said in a low voice.

She looked so vulnerable. I can't believe she is the same girl who always fought with me for her sister. I am the reason behind her this condition. And i can't do anything about it.

I am so sorry Athena, wish i could change everything.

I got inside the blanket and pulls her into my arms. I placed a kiss on her forehead.
"Sleep Athena, sleep my Goddess " i whispered while stroking her back.

Soon we both fell asleep in each other's arms.

*************************************

Hey my lovely readers,
So what do you think about today's chapter?? I hope you all liked it. Did anyone expected Athena to have depression?? She seems like a strong girl but she has her share of problem.

Tell me your view in the comments section. I will try my best to update my chapter regularly. Till then you all can check out my other books too. And don't forget to like, comment and follow.

Do follow my instagram account drops_of_ambrosia for any latest updates.

And thanks a lot for your lovely comments. Due to your support my book 'ENTANGLE ' has ranked #4 in billionaire and #3 in love triangle.

Thank you so much ♥️♥️♥️