24. Fever

Athena

I looked at the time and sighed in annoyance. It's almost 10'o clock but Andrew has not still arrived. He is not usually so late.

I decided to wait for some more time for him. It seems like i need to heat the dinner again. It has been almost 1 month since i am engaged to Andrew and one month of misery.

Andrew doesn't physically abuse me but he mentally does a lot. I am a headstrong person but his words still hurts me a lot. A week ago Katie went back to her house and i can't explain how happy I am about it.

I really hated that girl. I can't control my anger whenever i see her with Andrew. She seems like a good girl but i don't trust a bit.

I was pulled back from my thoughts when i heard the front door opening. When i turned around i found Andrew walking inside.

He was looking too much tired. His hair is messy and he is walking slowly. His eyes are also red.

I got up from sofa and went towards him. I wanted to scream at him and ask him why he is so late?? What happened to him?? But i know i don't have that rights.

Last time when i questioned him he got angry and insulted me infront of everyone. I don't want to happen again so i decided to keep my mouth shut.

I was standing on the side but suddenly he was about to fell so I held him. Oh God he has high fever. His body is burning in fever.

"Don't touch me" he said in a weak voice.
This man he is sick still he won't shut up.

"Fine i won't but don't blame me when you fall" i said and left him but he was about to fall again.
I hold him this time and he didn't said anything.

I took him with me with lots of difficulties. I made him laid on the bed and removed his socks and shoes.

I check his fever and it was 104°F. I ran towards the kitchen and took a bowl full of ice water. I took two clothes and went back to the room.

I dipped the cloth in the water and placed it on his forehead. I need to control his temperature as soon as possible. After doing it for half an hour his fever was 102°F.

After that i made a bowl of chicken soup for him. I need to feed him the medicine and i can't let him have the medicine empty stomach. I feed him the soup. He has lost his senses totally.

The fever is not going down it is roaming around 104°F -102°F. I gave him the medicine but still his fever is not going down. So i decided to place the wet cloth on his forehead to control his temperature.

I really don't how much time spent in taking his care but soon i fell asleep on the chair on which i was sitting. I really wanted to stay awake and take good care of him but my body didn't cooperated with mind.

Next day, i woke up when i felt a warm hand caressing my cheeks. I slowly opened my eyes and found Andrew looking at me. My neck was really paining.
Shit!! I shouldn't have fallen asleep on the chair.

I looked at Andrew found him looking better than yesterday. I placed my hand on his forehead to check his temperature and sighed in relief. I am glad that he has no fever.

"How are you feeling " i asked him
"Better " he replied.
There was an awkward silence between us and i really don't know how to break it.

"You take rest i will go and have a shower " with these i walked inside the bathroom.
I took a long warm shower and when i was done taking a shower it was then i realized that I didn't brought any clothes with me. And don't have any bathrobes also.