66. The Talk

Athena

Life is full of surprises; fate can be a strange bedfellow. One moment there is sunshine the next is accompanied by dark skies.

We have many plans and ideas about how our life must look like, but seldom does it turn out that way.

I walked Inside my study room with Ashton right behind me. I caressed the mahony wood table that i personally selected for my study room. When i saw this table in the IKEA store i knew it that it was made for me.

"So you wanted to tell me something " Ashton said. I was brought back to reality. I gave him a smile and saw him fixing a drink for himself.

Of course he wasn't going to offer me after the stunt i pulled few hours ago.

"That day Amelia and we had a talk about something very important " i said.
"Of course i know that you had an important talk" he said with a smirk.

"She told me about something that I had no idea about " i said. He had a serious expression on his face. I took a deep breath and told him everything that i found out from Amelia. He had a blank expression on his face after i told him everything. He gulped the whole drink and went to make another.

"What do you think about all this?" I asked.
"Why didn't you told me about all this earlier " he asked.
"I was confused. I didn't knew whom should I trust" i said.
"It's ok i understand. You should never keep your guards down." He said. I sighed in relief that he is not angry on me.

"What do you think? Is Hamilton family trying to hurt us?" I asked
"Maybe..." he replied.
"This actually make me realize that in past few years Hamilton family is slowly gaining a lot of power" he said. I looked at him confusedly.

"Lance Hamilton is an amazing businessman. He has helped Hamilton group to grow a lot and on other hand his grandfather is trying his luck in politics " he said.
"What do you think about Francis Hamilton?" I asked
"A cunning and manipulative old man" he said.

Well i don't know about Hamilton family much but i don't think they are good people.

"I need to have a talk with mom and dad about all this. How can they keep me in dark " he muttered.
"Why does Francis Hamilton wanted Amelia and Lance Marriage? What was his motive behind it?" I asked
"I don't know. But there was one thing i know that Lance was forced into it" he said.

"But why Lance will marry Amelia if he doesn't want this marriage. He is a grown up man he could've rejected the marriage " i said. He chuckled at my words like i cracked some joke. I threw a glare at him.
"Ohh my sweet sister.... no one can say to Francis Hamilton. He's a quiet a cunning person " he said.

"But don't worry I will figure everything out. " he said. I nodded my head in yes. There are so many questions but not a single answer. And now we need to solve this puzzle before it's too late.

"There's one more thing that i want from you" i asked.
"What?" He asks
"I want you to investigate my kidnapping again and this time i want evidence " i said.
"You still trust that Bastard Andrew " he yelled.

"I don't trust him brother...i just want to make sure that i am taking the right decision and plus we need some evidence " i explained.
"Ok fine" with these he stood up and walked out of the room.

I looked out of the window and saw the sky filled with stars it's already night. I really don't know what's going on in my life right now. It's so confusing.

But i need to figure out everything and i am going to make everyone pay who even thought to hurt the Paulsen family....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A smile crept on my face when i saw my reflection in the mirror. Today i looked happy. There's a different kind of spark in my eyes. Maybe because today i am going to meet Amelia that's why I am happy.