20. Betrothed

Athena

I really don't know how to react right now. At first i thought that grandpa is joking but i know him very well he will never  joke on something so serious. I was shocked will be an understatement.

"Are you kidding me??" I can't help but ask
"I am pretty serious Athena " he replied sternly.

"But how can you fix my marriage without even asking me " i said irritatingly
He has no rights to take the decision of my life.

"Athena i didn't fixed your Marriage now but it has been fixed since you were child " he replied

What the hell!! He fixed my marriage when i was just a kid. This is ridiculous.

"What do you mean by it?" I asked him hoping that what he is saying is just a joke.
"You're betrothed to Andrew" he replied.

There was a silence in the whole room. I really don't know what to say. My grandpa fixed my Marriage when i didn't even knew the meaning marriage. This is so ridiculous

"Did you arranged Amelia and Lance Marriage also like this " i asked.
He didn't replied and kept his mouth is shut. His silence was my answer. I can't believe it. How can he play with our life like this.

"I know Athena this is a very shocking news for you but i only wanted best for you"  he finally said something
"How can you say like that. I don't want to marry Andrew...i am not ready for it" i said irritatingly.
"Athena i am not telling you to marry him tomorrow " he said calmly.
I really don't know how can he be so calm in such crucial situation.

"Then what do you want from me" i asked.
"I just want you to get engaged to him. I want you to spend sometime with him and after that if you're ok with him then you can get married. I just want you to give him a chance " he said while looking at me hopefully.

Give him a chance!!

Do i want to give him a chance??? It's true that i have some feelings for him but the question is are those feelings that strong that i want spent my whole life with him.

"Athena i know that you like him so i think you should give him a chance. Don't think so much" he said.
"How do you know that i...like him" i asked him because i thought i was successful in hiding my emotions.

"Athena i am your grandpa no matter how hard you try to hide your emotions but these old eyes never miss anything " he replied confidently.

"Does Andrew knows about it. Is he ok with this arrangement " i asked him. Before i make any decisions i need to know his point of view.
"Of course he is ok with it. Only after hearing Andrew's approval i decided to talk to you about it " he replied.

Andrew knew about our contract Marriage but he didn't bother to inform me. Then i remembered the conversation i had with him in the morning. Andrew was talking about moving on. Does he wants to move on from Amelia by getting engaged to me??? Maybe that's why all of sudden he started talking about moving on.

"So what's your decision " he asked
"If Andrew doesn't have any problem then i also don't have any problem " i replied.

I need to talk to Andrew about it. I need to make sure that he doesn't have any problem with this arrangement. I don't want to be manipulated by those elder of the family.

"I will take my leave " i said
"It's already lunchtime so why don't eat lunch with us" he asks
At first i wanted to deny but then i don't why but i felt the need to spent sometime with my family so i decided to have lunch with them and then leave.

The lunch was great. We all had our lunch in a peaceful silence. No one was interested in starting conversation and that was quite strange. No matter what happens Evelyn always start conversation first and try to maintain a peaceful environment. But today she was awfully silent like she is lost somewhere.