25. Nightmare

Andrew

My head is really hurting. I slowly opened my eyes but instantly closed it when i felt harsh sunlight falling on me. I again tired to open my eyes and this time i was successful in it.

My body was really paining. After lots of difficulties i was successful in sitting in a comfortable position. I looked beside me and found Athena sleeping on a chair. She was sleeping in a very uncomfortable position and i am pretty sure she is going to have a very bad neck pain.

I found a bowl full of water and wet clothes lying on the bed side table. Then i realized what happened last night. I had a very bad fever and probably Athena took care of me.

I really don't know why she is doing all this even after the way i behaved with her. She is a big mystery for me. I stretched my hand and caressed her cheeks.

I had no intention of disturbing her sleep but Athena been light sleeper she instantly woke up when she felt my hand on her cheeks.

She looked at me and then checked my temperature to make sure that i don't have fever. After that she went to take a shower.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head on the headboard. I really don't know what's going on in my life. I mentally abused her so much but still she never said anything.

I know how much she loves me and cares me. I can clearly see it in her eyes. She might not accept it that she loves but i know she does.

But did she played with my emotions??? Why she kept me in dark. If she wanted to marry me then she should have talked to me instead of plotting against me. She is so selfish.

Selfish!!! Love is selfish. Love is crazy. It makes you do crazy things.

Now when i look back i realized that i was so wrong. I have no rights to blame Athena for being selfish when i did the same thing with Amelia. I was also selfish. I wanted Amelia at any cost. If Athena didn't came in my life then i would have still trying to get Amelia.

Shit!!! I need to apologize to her and clear all the misunderstandings. Then i heard someone walking very slowly and when i opened my eyes i found Athena walking towards the closet in a towel.

The towel was so small that it hardly covered anything. I can clearly see her cleavage.
Dammit!! She is so hot. When she saw me looking at her she literally ran inside the closet. And i can't help but laugh at her behavior.

She is so cute!!!

After getting dressed up she left the room without sparing me a glance. She came back after 30mins with a tray full of food. I really feel sorry for treating her like a maid but i can't deny the fact that her cooking skills are just amazing.

She served me food and sat beside me. I looked down at the food and then at her. I took a spoonful of food and placed it infront of her mouth and said
"Eat" 

She opened her mouth and i started feeding her. I know she must have not eaten her dinner last night. She doesn't eat her dinner without me.

After taking few bits she was full so i continued eating with the same spoon. I never share my spoon with anyone else but she is different.
"What happened??" She asked me when she found me looking at her.
"Nothing...i am just wondering something " i said. I really don't know how to apologize
"What?" She asked

"Last night you took care of me even after what i did with you" i said
"What do you expect from me that i will leave you to die. I am not that heartless Andrew" she said
"No i didn't meant that way" i instantly justified myself.

"Thanks for everything " i said
"It's ok you don't have to thank me" she replied and stood up to leave but i stopped her by holding her wrist.

"And i am sorry too" i said in a low voice i am really guilty for my actions .
"I am sorry for hurting you and mentally abusing you. Please try to forgive me if you can" i said sincerely.

"I am pretty sure you have a good reason for what you did? And i can clearly see how much you care for me but the question is why did you hurt me?" She asks
I don't know how to explain her and i don't want to hurt her more. It's better that the past stays in past

"You're right Athena i had some reasons or you could say some misunderstanding. But now the misunderstanding are clear and i don't want to reminisce the past " i said hoping that she won't ask any further questions. And hopefully she

"I think we need to end this" she said
I looked at her confusedly. She took a deep breath and continued speaking
"I think we should break our engagement. Since you have girlfriend and you love her so much...so i don't want to come between both you" she said and looked down at her engagement ring.

I can't help laughing at her expression. She thinks Katie is my girlfriend. Oh God!! I didn't thought that she will believe my lie. She looked at her and found her glaring at me

"I am...sorry...it's so funny " i said
"Athena, Katie is not my girlfriend. I only used her to hurt you" i explained her. A smile came on her face when she heard my reply.

"Infact she is my cousin " i said
"Andrew what will she think about me... Oh God!!! First impression is the last impression " she murmured.

"Relax , she doesn't think bad about. Infact she thinks you cute and a strong woman " i said with a smile. She sighed in relief.

"I am sorry please forgive me " i again apologized.
"Ok i forgive you but promise me that if in future we have any misunderstanding then you will talk to me before making any judgment " she said.
"I promise " i said and tgen took her lips is a passionate kiss. I really missed kissing her.

After that i went to take a shower and we spent our whole day watching movies. I wasn't much interested in watching a movie. The only thing i want is to spent sometime with her. She place her head on my shoulder and continued watching movie. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her towards me.

In evening, we ate are dinner early and went to bed. I really love to share my bed with her. She looks so cute while sleeping. And she always hugs me in her sleep like i am her favorite teddy bear.

In middle of night,  i heard someone sobbing. At first i thought that i am hallucinating. But the voice didn't stopped. I slowly opened my eyes and looked beside me. I found Athena was shaking. Her eyes are closed but i can see tears streaming down.

I quickly pulled Athena in my arms and caressed her back but she didn't stopped crying. She is shaking continuously.

It seems like she having a nightmare.
"Please....don't " she sobbed.

"Athena calm down " i tried to console her. But she didn't stopped crying
"Please..don't...leave me...please " she murmured.

"Athena calm down i am not leaving you i am here baby " i said
"Shushh..baby don't cry" i consoled her. After consoling her few minutes she finally stopped crying.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me with her big brown eyes. Her eyes are watery and she looks so scared and helpless. I feel so sad seeing her like this.

"Andrew...please don't leave me " she sobbed
"I won't " i said and hugged her tightly. She buried her face in my chest and soon fell asleep.

I won't let anything happen to her. I always protect her. Today i understood that Athena always tries to be strong but still there comes time in her life when you want to cry and tell your all problems to your loved ones.

I want to be that person with whom Athena can share anything.
With whom she can cry and laugh.
And most importantly with whom she can be herself.

I will always take care of her and will protect her. I placed a kiss on her forehead and fell asleep with Athena in my arms.