4

Sgt. Guerrero took Sol in his care for a while now. As Sol said she didn't cause any trouble for the Policeman, she cleans the house and also cooks for them, at first she was not really a good cook but after Sgt. Guerrero taught her some dishes along with practices, she can now cook decent varying dishes. Although Sgt. Guerrero suggested to Sol to at least go to school, the girl persistently declined and said that she will be fine.

As Sgt. Guerrero told her, he wasn't really at home most of the time which didn't bother Sol, nonetheless, the Sergeant still tries to go home earlier than usual just to accompany Sol. On the other hand, Sol goes out of the house in her free time, exploring the neighboring houses where she even got close to a few neighbors, including the owner of an eatery just a few blocks away from their house, Sol even got free cooking lessons from her and as a result, she got better at cooking. She also goes to a small public library where she spends most of her time aside from her training which she kept secret from her guardian.

Months already passed and the two got comfortable around each other. Sol especially, little by little she breaks free from the shell that she keeps herself in, now she shows more of her emotions. She got more cheerful than before which didn't go unnoticed by her guardian. Sgt. Guerrero was glad that he somehow made Sol break free from the wall she was keeping herself in. Their neighbors took notice of the father and daughter bond that swiftly formed to them, and it seems that Sol was not the only one that broke free from her shell, people took notice of the soft attitude emitting to once a draconian police officer.

Sometime after, Sol asked a favor for the Sergeant. 

"Ha?" asked the Sergeant surprised by the favor coming from the girl.

"Baril po, pakituruan po ako paano gumamit" said Sol staring into the eyes of her guardian, determined for his approbation.

"Hindi" firmly answered the Policeman, taking a sip of his morning coffee. He was aware of the 'talent' that she has, yet he didn't ask anything about it, he didn't want to bring back the terrible past she had.

" But it's just for defense, pleaaaaase I just wanna know how to use it, hindi ko naman siya gagamitin eh" whinely answered by the teen.

"Kakasabi mo pa lang na gagamitin mo 'for defense', naku wag ako Sol" the Sergeant retorted, emphasizing the words 'for defense'.

"In case lang naman eh" Sol whispered exclaim. The policeman sighed as he finished his coffee, setting the cup on the sink he then faced the pouting girl on the table.

"*sigh* may pupuntahan tayo bukas, baka sila ang makatulong sa iyo" he said to the teen which she beamed at, smiling widly and saying thank yous to her guardian.

------

"Sgt. Guererro, kamusta na? Ano palang pakay mo rito?" 

"Mabuti naman ako Anton, hihingi lang sana ako ng pabor" Captain Guerreo said to Anton Trese, the current Lakan.

"Pabor? aba sige lang handa akong tumulong sa abot ng aking makakaya" Anton answered.

"Puwede bang turuan niyo siya lumaban?" the Captain answered back. Just then Anton noticed the figure of a teen age girl hiding from his back, although hiding from her guardian's back she did not posses any fear nor timidity in her eyes, Anton noticed the keen and observing eyes of the girl, from that he knew he was not just any other ordinary teenaged girl. 

"Lumaban? Bakit naman?" Anton asked the Sergeant but his gaze on the girl did not leave, so was her. "Delikado na ang panahon ngayon, mapa-halimaw o tao puwede na umatake sa iyo, at saka may potensiyal siya sayang naman kung balewalain lang" Sgt. Guerrero said moving Sol forward so Anton can properly see her. Anton just raised his brow, wanting to test the 'potential' that she has.