16

3rd POV

"San ba tayo pupunta?"

"Basta, sumama ka na lang sakin"

It was the weekend, Sol finally agreed to the date that Maliksi was pestering her. Meeting up at the park at night time, she noticed the motorcycle that Maliksi got off to. He approached her direction and handed her a helmet which she just raised a brow to but still ended up wearing it. She got on to the back of the motorcycle, gripping Maliksi's leather jacket, and drove on to their destination.

"San nga kasi tayo pupunta?" she asked once again, it has been 20 minutes since they were going on the road. "Basta nga, ang impatient masyado ha" Maliksi retorted back a bit loudly, just enough to get his voice past through the noisy road they were on.

10 minutes already passed, finally, they got to their destination. Sol found herself standing in front of one of the famous five-star restaurants. 'Dang Maliksi's loaded' she thought to herself.

They got in and seated at the table that Maliksi reserved, a table near the window on the upper floor. The scenery outside is beautiful, beyond the window are the bright lights of the city. Sol was stunned by the view she was seeing. 

"Ang ganda noh?" Maliksi stated, staring not at the view but at the girl in front of her. "Oo nga eh, ang taas na tuloy ng expectation ko sa pagkain" she responded, her gaze not leaving the scenery before her.

The dishes that Maliksi ordered were now served, it seems that Sol was satisfied with just the presentation of the food. Drool almost going out of her agape mouth, she picked up her spoon and started to give the first dish a taste. Her eyes widen from the savory she tasted,  setting herself more comfortably she started to dig in.

Maliksi was just staring at her, smiling at how cute she was acting. It was as if she was a kid having her first candy. He never knew that the puissant and confident woman he knew had this side of her. Sol noticed a pair of eyes staring at her, slowing down on her food she reverted to the man "Di ka ba kakain?" she asked staring back at him.

"Sayo pa lang busog na ako" he responded. Sol just snickered at his statement and rolled her eyes playfully. She extended her spoon to Maliksi until it was in front of his mouth. "Say ahh~" she said playfully. Maliksi smirked at her but still obliged, opening his mouth to take the food out of the spoon.

Sol smiled at him and continued to eat, Maliksi now joining her. They ate their dinner joyfully, exchanging some conversation here and there. All in all, they enjoyed their dinner together.

------

"May isa pa tayong pupuntahan" Maliksi said as he put her helmet into her head. "May isa pa?Saan naman?" you asked proceeding to ride back on the motorcycle.

"Just wait and you'll see" Maliksi responded.

The ride was shorter than their previous one, the once busy street is now gone. There are no cars or any vehicles in sight, only you two, racing with the wind. Arriving at your destination you got down from the vehicle.

"Wow" you exclaimed flabbergasted. You are now at an inclined part of a small mountain, close to a cliff, though it is bordered. Beyond the borders are the lights emitting from the city, almost the same view on the restaurant but closer. 

The breeze touched your skin but you did not mind it at all. In fact, it added a more nostalgic feeling.

Maliksi was standing by the vehicle, staring at the girl who was focused on the scene in front of her. He smiled at the littlest expression you made, from your smile which widens every time you spot something amazing, up to how your eyes sparkled at the scene before you.

Then you turned to him, smiling so genuinely. The city lights blended as your background which made you seem to glow so brightly. Maliksi's eyes widened, smile faltering and mouth agape. He felt his heartbeat fasten, his breath stopped as he stared at your form. He silently thought to himself 'Ah shit, she got me.'

Laughing at himself he brushed his hair back with his hand trying to suppress the reddening of his cheek. You approached him.

"In fairness ang ganda dito ha, pano mo naman natagpuan tong lugar na to?" you said sitting on the motorcycle. "Exploring, gala akong tao eh" Maliksi responded. "Heh halata nga" you responded back.

Maliksi approached the girl sitting at his bike, his eyes still focused on you. He cupped your face which made you stare back at him, his hand was calloused but it was warm. You found comfort in the hand that was grazing over your cheek, you closed your eyes enjoying his warmth. 

"Thank you for this day Maliksi, I really appreciate it" you said, opening your eyes to stare yet again back at him. "No need to thank me, the mere fact that you are with me made me feel special" he responded.

His statement made you smile. He approached you further, the gap on your faces lessening. Your lips collided passionately, snaking your hands to his neck making the kiss deepen. It was passionate, not one to be considered heated. His hand was now at your waist, pulling himself closer to you.

Even he was surprised by his action, he got accustomed to the one-night stands he always had. Even after dates it always had that steamy session in there, after that he'll leave and act as if nothing ever happened.

But right now it was different, he only met you weeks ago yet the attachment that he had was far more than he expected. He only thought that this was just another fling to be started but now as your bodies stick close together, lips crashed onto each other, he silently pleaded, 'I don't want this to end.'

Breaking apart from the kiss, you inhaled the oxygen that you badly needed. Staring yet again to the eyes of each other, he pulled your face close until your foreheads touched. A contented smile placed on both of your lips. 

You just enjoyed the breeze grazing over your skin as you enjoyed the night away with the warmth from each other.