29

Your POV

"Wag ka mag alala, saglit lang to. Pag dilat mo ng mga mata mo, makakasama mo na rin ang mga kapatid mo"

My vision started to become black, the end of my fingers started to become purple with a mix of red coming from the blood of this piece of shit as I tried to claw his arms away, but it just did nothing.

Pathetic

I've been training myself for this cause, only just to die from the hands of this disgusting man? The very same man who caused the death of my sisters? How pathetic of me to even swear revenge in front of my sisters while here I am, being choked to death by him.

'I don't want to die'

Not now when I finally found a second family that accepted me no matter who I am and treated me exceptionally. And most importantly I don't want to die with the disgusting hands of this man, not when I haven't got the rightful revenge for my sisters.

But what could I fucking do in this situation?

Unnoticing my surroundings, I just realized that the hand around my neck loosened making me breathe again better. Shot after shot was heard as I became mindful of my surroundings again. 

"Tangina" furiously stated by the Mayor as he flew away to take cover after bullets impacted his body, the most fatal was the bullet that hit his chest.

"Y/n!" shouted a familiar voice. His hand moved to my back as he helped me sit up while I still wheeze for air.

"Tangina talaga ng Santamaria na yon, kung anong ikinabanal ng pangalan, siya namang kinasama ng ugali" 

"Magandang banat yun pops ha" I stated weakly with a smile, trying to make light of the situation as if I wasn't just dying minutes ago.

"Kaya mo pa ba maglakad? Kailangan na natin umalis dito, wala ka na sa kondisyon lumaban" his statement brought a frown to my face

'I failed'

"Wag ka nga sumimangot diyan. Tandaan mo, marami pang naghihintay sa pagbalik mo. Nako kung alam mo lang kung gaano kataranta yung iba" Pops said with a smirk plastered on his face

"Halika na, bago pa bumalik yung-"

He just suddenly halted his statement. "Pops?"

I looked up to see his face directly, only to be met by the most horrifying view, my most feared nightmare.

Blood trickled down his agape mouth, coughing out some of it. His eyes becoming dull as seconds pass, his knees eventually gave out making him kneel to the ground.

"Pops?" I stated as my lips quivered from fear. I supported his body with mine, his body leaned on me as his face was placed on my shoulder. My hands found their way onto his back supporting his body which was becoming cold as moments pass by, then I saw the cause of his wound.

My own sword pierced through his back, its blade now covered with his blood, as well as my hands, my own hands covered with the blood of my guardian.

"Pops?" I called out weakly, patting his back gently. My hands trembling every second that passed without him answering. Then gentle hands were placed on my back, caressing my back gently, but also weakly.

My breath hitched as the corner of my eyes teared up, I gulped the saliva that built up from my throat "Pops magiging ayos lang po kayo, kailangan lang po natin umalis dito" I stated trying to stand up but my weak body won't let me

His hand moved to my hair, softly patting my hair like he always do 

"Y/n... anak ko. Tandaan mo wag mong parusahan ang sarili mo... wala kang kasalanan" he sated in a whisper. My tears flowed out of my eyes as he claimed me as his daughter.

"Pops naman, wag naman kayong magsalita na p-parang mamatay na kayo. Aalis tayo dito ng buhay, babalik tayo sa bahay " I quivered as tears continued to flow out of my eyes. Cursing myself silently as my body give up from every single attempt to stand up, cursing myself for not being able to do anything in this situation.

I gave all my strength just standing up, trying my best to drag him out of here hoping that somebody would help him. I pathetically tried to drag his body up but my knees give out every time. He placed his hand again on my back giving a gentle rub as if saying 'its okay' but it's not, I can't lose someone again.

My breath became ragged as I prayed again and again on my mind for help, even just for him. Just please don't let him die.

My fist tightened around his shirt, as I buried my face into his shoulders, crying miserably as I pleaded silently again and again while trying to feel his breath and heartbeat which slows every minute pass by. 

He moved his head slowly, his chin now on top of my shoulder as he looked to the sky, his hand moved to my head, inviting me to his shoulder even more. 

"Kawaan niyo ang anak ko" he stated,

Then he never moved again, nor did took a breath.

"Pops" I called him

"Pops" yet he didn't respond

"Pops naman magsalita po kayo" the hands that were caressing my hair fell to the side

"Pops?" 

Why him?

"Please wag niyo naman din akong iwan"