22

It was rather a boring and lonely day for you. The Trese trio got ahold of another case while the others have their own businesses to attend to. As for you, after you did a little bit of sword practice, you finally decided to take a break.

You visited the Diabolical where you found Hank and Amang Paso talking to each other. "Oh y/n napadalaw ka" Hank said greeting you momentarily. "Napadaan lang Kuya Hank" you responded as you sat on one of the bar stools.

"Y/n? Parang pamilyar ang pangalan mo iha" Amang Paso said eyeing you and trying to recall where he had heard that name before. You glanced at the creature before you, a bit anxious by the fact that he might know who you are, just before you respond an unfamiliar man came inside the bar, eyes full white and a sinister smile on his face.

You immediately stood up and got into Hank's side, the unknown man gripped his shirt and tore it open revealing a bomb tied up to his body. 

Just before the bomb set off he said an unfamiliar phrase, and the next thing you knew your vision blackened.

'Sic itur ad astra'

-----

"Cap! Asan na siya?" Alexandra said huffing. The Trese trio heard about the accident you got into and immediately went to the hospital where you are admitted to. "Ayos lang ba si y/n?" Crispin said, worried laced over his face. "A-ano ka ba kuya, siyempre ok lang si y/n, si y/n ang pinag uusapan natin dito ano ka ba" Basillio stated trying to lighten up the situation but failed as he stuttered at his statement.

Capt. Guerrero just looked at them lamentably, he slowly walked towards your appointed room, he opened it slowly revealing the state you were in. Numerous wires are connected to your body, bandages all over you, and the sound of the heart monitoring machine echoes to the room.

Two men were already inside your room, dismay present on their faces. One was standing beside the window, and one was sitting beside your bed, staring at your sorry state. The one sitting beside you suddenly stood up and angrily walked over the three "Kala ko ba kaya niyo siyang protektahan? Eh asan kayo nung bago pa mangyari to?!" Dominic furiously stated to the three, he knows that he doesn't have any single right to blame them but guilt and frustration built up onto him, just when he promised that he would be there for you, this accident happened.

"Tama na, hindi mo sila puwede sisihin dahil wala din naman tayong nagawa" Maliksi stated as he turned his gaze from the window to the commotion going in the room. He looks calm on the outside but regret was consuming his mind, though he tried his best to calm himself down because he knew that you wouldn't want them to worry about petty things,

'But you aren't just a petty thing to them'

"Kamusta daw lagay niya?" Capt. Guerrero said, not bothering to stop the fight between the group. 

"The surgery was successful, hintayin na lang daw siya magising" Maliksi responded.

Silence befalls the room as they agonizingly look at the girl before them. "Si Hank kumusta na?" Capt. Guerrero asked once again.

"Nasa maayos na kalagayan na si Hank, sabi ko tumawag na lang siya pagkatapos niyang makapag pahinga nang mabuti" Alexanddra responded.

Soon after, the expected phone call was heard from the Lakan's mobile phone. 

"Kamusta ka na Hank?"

"Ayos na bossing, si y/n kumusta?"

"... di pa gising pero tapos na operasyon niya"

"Ganun ba, asan nga pala kayo? Bigla na lang kasi nilipat ng ospital si y/n"

"Andito kami sa pribadong ospital nina Maliksi, sa kanya naka pangalan lahat ng gastusin dito"

"Ahhh mabuti naman nasa mas maayos na establisyimento si y/n. Nga pala bossing tungkol dun sa sanhi ng gulo, ang naaalala ko lang ay may isang lalaki na bigla na lang pumasok sa loob tapos may sinabi siyang nasa ibang lingguahe, ano ba yun, uh sinturon inang madrasta?"

"Sic itur ad astra, mukhang kilala ko na ang sanhi ng lahat ng ito, salamat Hank maari ka nang magpahinga muli"

"Isang bagay pa bossing, andiyan ba si Capt. Guerrero?"

"Oo, bakit?"

"Gusto ko lang kasi humingi ng tawad, kung hindi lang sana ako prinotektahan ni y/n edi sana mas maayos pa ang kalagayn niya ngayon"

The Captain took the phone out of Alexandra's hand to answer the person on the other line, "Hank wag mo sisihin sarili mo, sigurado akong wala ring pinagsisihan si y/n sa desisyon niya, ganong klaseng bata lang talaga to"

"Salamat po Cap, pakibalitaan na lang po ako pag gising na siya. Gusto ko ho ipahatid ang lubos na pagpapasalamat ko sa kanya"

The call ended after that. The silence once again filled the room.

"*sigh* sana alam niyo sa sarili niyo na wala kayong kasalanan sa nangyari. Saka magagalit sa inyo si y/n pagsinisi niyo sarili niyo sa isang bagay na di niyo naman talaga kasalanan" Capt. Guerrero said as he approached your form, hand grazing over your hair, patting your head gently, just then your eyes opened up slowly.

"Y/n!"

The people inside crowded to your form seeing as you already gained consciousness.

You glanced at all the faces that surrounded you, mouth still shut tight as you observed their faces. You opened your mouth a bit, trying to voice out your statement.

"S-sino--"

The first word that came out of your mouth made their hearts stop, their breath hitched as they stood frozen. The continuation of your statement made their mouth agape and their soul almost coming out of their body.