5

Time passed by Sol and the twins got close to each other, despite Sol learning the fact that they killed the Sigbin she spent her time training with, she understood that they were just lost just like her and believed that it's still not too late to take them to the right path. Meanwhile, Alexandra can't still accept the twins, especially considering them as part of their family.

------

Sol's POV

I just finished training for the day and as I was going to Alexa's training place, I heard a commotion in the library.

"Bakit ka namin susundin eh di ka naman namin boss ha?" remarked Basillio.

As I went into the library I saw Alexa standing inside near the entrance, I just decided to hide for now and just intervene when things got out of hand. Though I suppose I don't need to anymore. Tito Anton seems to take notice of the commotion, he went inside to calm things down.

"Crispin, Basillio marapat nang wag niyong patulan si Alexandra, minsa'y nakakalimutan ng iba na nangangagat siya pabalik" he retorted to the twins.

"Isa pa parte na kayo ng pamilya namin, at pinoprotektahan ng isa't isa ang magkaka- pamilya" he said to the twin slouching down and bringing his hands to their shoulders.

Alexa on the other hand doesn't seem to like what his father said, she stormed out of the room and Anton decided to follow her. 

"Kuya, ano ba kasi yung pamilya?" Basillio asked his brother Crispin. "Hindi ko rin alam Basillio, pero mukhang mahalaga yon" Crispin answered back.

"Family are people who are bonded together, it's like they are the most important people in your lives" I gave an answer to their confusion, walking inside the library past the twins and seated to one of the chairs inside.

"Most important people? Parang hindi naman eh" Crispin retorted back, I gave him a flick on his forehead and said "Kasi hindi mo rin naman pinapakita, but I swear when you're in your darkest times your family is the one who will help you get out of it" 

"Ikaw ba Sol, sino ang pamilya mo?" Basillio asked, it was just an innocent question yet it run shivers to my back, flashbacks of the accident running in my mind. I silently thought 'I need to snap out of this.'

"S-si Sgt. Guerrero, siya na kasi yung kumupkop sa akin" I finally answered back pushing those memories aside. "Ah yung police na naghahatid sundo sayo dito minsan? Pag nasa panganib siya ililigtas mo ba siya?" Basillio added, dang his questions really hit the spots.

"Oo naman" I answered back, I felt sweat dripping down my neck. The two just looked at each other, as if communicating silently. Twin things I guess. Then they asked me a question while synchronizing with each other "Then kapamilya ka ba namin?" they asked with a glint of determination to their black eyes which made me laugh a bit.

"Oo naman, ba't hindi"

------

Sol's POV

After chatting with the twins I proceed to find Alexa, I'm sure she's still moping somewhere. I found her sitting near our training place, hugging her knees close to her staring at nothing. 

"Hey, you alright?" I asked as I proceeded to sit beside her. 

"... paano mo nakakayanang tanggapin sila? Pinatay nila sina Bantay at Puti kasama na ang iba pa nating mga kasamahan" she questioned me straight-forwardly. "Alam ko kung ano ang pakiramdam ng mawalan ng minamahal sa buhay, pero masisisi mo ba sila kung mula sa pagka bata tinuruan na sila na normal lang kumitil ng buhay?" I asked Alexa staring right into her eyes.

"Try to give them a chance" I said to her, and proceeded to side hug her. She didn't answer me verbally but she put her head into my shoulder then closed her eyes, as if she was thinking. We spend the rest of our time just sitting in silence, finding comfort at the presence of each other. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeaaaah, this chapter is shorter than others but meh I can't think of anything to add. But surely the next chapter will be longer :D

Hope you're liking the story so far