24

Having discharged, your recovery was shortened up to a week prior to your request, they have convinced you to not act impulsively but it didn't change your mind to join the fight despite your condition. In your one week recovery you were accompanied by a different person every day, for the first two days you were accompanied by your guardian but a sudden visitor made their way to visit you on the second day.

(2nd Day- Afternoon)

"May gustong bumisita sayo, ayos lang ba kung iwan muna kita?"

"Ayos lang naman pops, magpahinga po muna kayo"

As soon as the captain left your room, another pair of shoes came in. A man wearing a familiar uniform came in with a bouquet of yellow tulips in hand.

"Long time no see Lieutenant" you greeted the man

"Kamusta ka na y/n?" Lt. Tapia responded back with his usual shy smile

"Buhay pa naman"

The Lieutenant sat on your left side as you sit on your bed, staring at the state of your arm melancholy in which you noticed.

"Mukha siyang hotdog noh?" you said as you flopped your remaining arm up and down. The Lieutenant couldn't help but stifle a laugh at your humor. He thought that it will do no good if he lament over some things that already happened.

The two of you just talked and talked for hours until night time already came, Tapia decided that it was now time to go and leave you to rest peacefully. He stood up from the sit he was on for hours, he gazed at you worryingly due to the fact that you still wanted to continue your fight despite your condition. 

Noticing his gloomy face you lifted your right hand and grabbed his hand, you grazed your thumb over his knuckles and brought it up to your lips to kiss it gently. 

His cheek reddened as he felt your soft lips peck his hand. You pulled his arm, bringing his body closer to your seated ones. Your hand moved to his face and you pulled it close to yours, as you do, you felt the heat of his face rise in which you chuckled silently, you moved your lips to his forehead and gave it a small peck then you settled your own forehead close to his.

You stared directly into his dark eyes as he stared right back at yours, your mouth held a small smile but it did not give out any word, any word that would say a promise that you would be fine, any word that was supposed to bring him comfort and reassurance. 

Nonetheless, he found your warmth soothing, like a blanket that would cover his body in a middle of a chilly night making him fall into a deep slumber. 

With the newfound comfort, he moved his face close to your neck as he sat into your lap breathing in your scent like it would be the last time he could.  You attempted to comfort the said man, caressing his hair softly and patting his back gently.

No words were said for you can't swear another promise when you, yourself, aren't sure for the future that awaits you.

(3rd Day)

It was now your third day recovery, your guardian left you to the care of another until he was back from his duty. You opened your eyes as the sunlight glazed over your face. You stood up by yourself and walked over to the kitchen where you smelled something being burned, there you saw Crispin cooking frantically in your kitchen.

"Y/n! Ba't ka umalis sa kama mo " he said as he noticed your form on the corner of his eye, he guided you to sit in front of the table which you just silently let him do.

"May naamoy kasi akong masarap... hindi ikaw wag ka umasa" you stated clearing off a misconception before he could comment.

"Ahhh baka ito naamoy mo" he stated as he went back at the kitchen counter, his back facing you.