30

"Peste talagang pulis yan, nabaril pa talaga ako!" exclaimed Mayor Santamaria as he walked towards you upon noticing the result of the sword that hit the Police man which was caused by none other than him

"Patay na ba siya? Buti naman." he stated with out any remorse or guilt in his voice, just a pure sneer on his face

Your hand made its way to the hilt of your sword, slowly taking it out of the cold body of your father. You laid his slumped body on the ground, your hand grazed over his cheek one last time before you stand up. 

"Ano? Ipaghihiganti mo ba siya? Sa ganyang kondisyon? Pinapatawa mo'ko mounting Biraddali"

Your mind was In haze, your body moving unconsciously. The pain you were feeling earlier was as if it vanished, or maybe your body just became numb. You don't know what you are doing, but your mind was set to a goal.

'I will kill this motherfucker no matter what it takes'

Your limping body walked forward, dragging your blade behind making it graze over the ground. Your dull eyes stared straight at the target as if you were a predator ready to kill its prey.

Your state is visibly miserable, but the look in your eyes made you terrifying at best. Mayor Santamaria unintentionally took a defensive stance as his eyes met your chilling ones. His arms producing his sparks of lightning again as the wings flap on his back.

Upon arriving at his range, you suddenly ran forward making the man take cover by hiding onto his wings, but it didn't stop you from attacking. You slashed your blade forward again and again but the wings regenerated themselves fastly. The Mayor flailed his wings open making you stumble back but fortunately, your footing was just right to support your landing in time. 

Without wasting any time you ran again forward, your blade pointed towards the Mayor. Just like before, the Mayor caught your blade in time, making him smile out of relief. However, you left your sword at his hand, you dashed forwards and knee-kicked him in his stomach making him bend forward as he cough out from the pain.

You grabbed your sword from his hand and smashed his head with the hilt of it. Upon impact, the Mayor dropped to the ground, his hands and knees supporting him before he could completely collide with the ground. 

Your surrounding was quiet, only the ragged breath of the Mayor was heard, but leaves rustling was heard by your ears. 'Just in time' you thought to yourself

The Mayor was still kneeling on the ground, panting to get air to his lungs, although in pain, he sparked electricity to his arm, readying to impact it on the ground to make you fly over.

Before lightning sparks the land you are standing on, your sword pierced the back of the Mayor, right exactly at the point where Capt. Guerrero was fatally wounded.

Just as he was planned, the ground collapsed making you tumble back. Upon the impact, your prosthetic hand got removed from your arm, leaving your left arm useless. 

Mayor Santamaria screamed in pain as he coughed out blood yet again. Your eyes just watched the scene happen before you, dull eyes watch the man writhe in pain, without any pity nor remorse.

"Ahhhhhh! Tarantado kang bata ka! Pagbabayaran mo to" he said with venom in his voice. He slowly stood up from the ground, your eyes locked onto each other but yours was unbothered by his earlier threat.

"Sa oras na mamatay ka, makukuha ko na rin naman ang regeneration ability ninyo, magiging mas makapangyarihan pa ako!" he said with a wicked smile on his face. 

He slowly walked to your still unperturbed form, lightning once again started to form on his arms. He was enveloped by rage and the thoughts of having the said abilities for himself that he didn't notice an approaching form to his back.

"Magkita na lang tayo sa kabilang buhay, munting Bira-" his statement was cut off. Blood splattered everywhere, the once green grass turned red as well as your face, all now covered with the red liquid. 

You wiped your face with your hand, still wearing the emotionless expression of yours. A thud was heard as his body fell on the floor. The lifeless and headless body of Mayor Santamaria lies on the ground, covered in his own blood. 

You walked to the body of the Mayor and pulled out your sword, not bothering to look at him any further. Instead, your attention stopped right in front of his assailant. Blood dripped out of her mouth, as her large frame towered over you. You brought out your hand to ruffle the black soft fur of your oversized partner, she lowered her head to stare right in front of your dull eyes. You brought a small feign smile as a response to the worried canine animal before you withdraw your hand from her fur. 

"Thank you for coming Luna" you weakly stated 

You walked further, dragging your limping body towards the pale ones of your father. You sat down with your legs folding while you sat on your heels. You slowly and carefully took the unmoving head of your father and gently laid it to your legs. Luna walked towards the two of you, her body curling behind you watching you lamentably. 

You caressed his grey hair just like he always did to you. Your thoughts are filled with the things you didn't get to say to your guardian.

How you wanted to thank him for fostering you

For taking care of you remarkably even if he didn't need to 

For understanding you even if you kept secrets from him

For accepting you no matter who you are

For giving you a home and a family

For being the best father you could ever wish for

But you can't and you never will.

He's dead 

He's gone

Like your sisters

Another one of your family was gone

And again it was all because of you

Because of being weak

Because of being not enough

And you're tired of it

Tired of being the cause of another's death

Tired of watching your family die before your very own eyes

So why not end it?

Then a sudden idea popped into your mind

A silly idea but you would still try if it would mean that you could save him

And you could save yourself from all this pain

You moved him out of your legs tenderly. You frantically walked towards the head-less body of the Mayor. You unsheathed your sword and scrapped the wings out of his body.

Your bloodied hand carried the black wings that were once attached to the Mayor. You walked back again to the body of your guardian and a small pleading whimper escaped your lips as you thought

'If he will have this wings of mine, then its ability regeneration will be passed onto him'

"He will live if I end my life"