24.3

(7th Day)

The sun was shining so bright outside, two persons were in the room. Bodies covered in sweat, both breathing heavily from exhaustion.

"Pahinga muna tayo" Alexandra said as she wiped the sweat from her forehead

"Kahit sandali na lang" you stated persistently

"Wag mo ipilit ang katawan mo y/n, magpahinga muna tayo"

As Alexandra went to visit you at your house, she already found you practicing your fighting skills. Even more, she was surprised by the prosthetic arm connected to your severed one.

As to how she sees it, your condition is now better, you can now move freely and sharply though still not at your best. Just like the others, she's worried about your condition but she can't really stop you from finishing your most awaited objective in life. 

She knows the feeling of losing someone, your loved ones, your family, your friends. That kind of damage hurts the most, more than the physical damage that could be inflicted on a person. That kind of damage leaves a wound, a scar that would never vanish because you can't really bring back the people that were long gone.

As an act of assistance, she volunteered to be your sparring partner, it would be better that way than just fighting an inanimate object. She knows how strong your resolve is and how strong you are physically, but every time you wince after every attack your body took, she couldn't help but grimace over it.

Proposing a break after hours of sparring, the two of you sat down on the floor, backs leaning on the wall. The two of you sat in silence, listening to your rough breathing as you still try to catch up your breath. It was silent, no words were exchanged from the two of you but Alexandra's mind was full of words, full of thoughts that she wanted to say to you.

"Ok ka lang?"

She got out of the trance she was in when you asked her a question upon noticing the troubled look on the Lakan's face.

Alexandra stood up, and walked towards the window, staring at nothing, something she would do when she was having deep thoughts. Y/n stood up but stayed silenced, leaving time for the troubled woman to ease out her thoughts and voice out her statement.

Out of nowhere, Alexandra turned around to face you. Briskly walking in your direction, she stopped in front of you, her gaze intimidatingly on you.

"Ipangako mo... na magiging ayos ka lang"

She stated eyes still on you. You just stood there, eyes blinking out of bewilderment. Another promise, another assurance. Can you keep it? Or will you break it?

She impatiently waited for your response as she saw the uncertainty in your eyes, it looks like you were already seeing yourself in the worst case possible.

She took a fistful of your shirt, bringing your face close to hers, she was desperate for solace, she needed something she could hold into, a reassurance that everything will be fine.

You saw the glint in her eyes, sadness, and fear. You smiled softly to her, cupping her cheeks softly as you brought it close to you, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead.

Her grip on your shirt loosened, eyes wide in surprise. You didn't say anything, you just responded with an action, so her mind wondered, what is that for? Does that mean you will be alright? Does it mean that you are giving the reassurance that she badly wants? Or is that a way of you saying 'sorry I can't promise anything'

She hates it, the fact that you can't give a definite answer, are you ready to leave it all for that fight? For revenge? What about your friends? Your life here with them? What about her?

Her grip on your shirt tightened yet again, without thinking she pulled you close till your lips crashed onto each other. She was frustrated, she should be used to people leaving her, she should know that every living has its end, yet she couldn't accept it.

The kiss was short but full of emotions, your lips moved in synchronization. Your hands made their way onto her waist, grazing your thumb every now and then. 

Alexandra's head hung low as the both of you separated from the kiss, she can't even look you in the eyes anymore. 

You pulled her close, hugging her defeated form. She clenched a fist at your sides, face hiding at the crook of your neck. You stood there, unable to say anything as you felt wetness on the crook of your neck, nothing was said between you and yet it was as if her thoughts are speaking out loud

'Wag mo naman din ako iwan y/n'