23

"S-sino--"

"Sino... nagpakain kay Luna, anong oras na ba? Gutom na yung baby ko"

Your statement made the group exhale loudly as they unconsciously stopped breathing due to nervousness. "Punyeta kang bata ka, aatakihin ako sa puso sa kagaguhan mo" Capt. Guerrero said as he smiled in relief. 

"Hehe kung nakikita niyo lang itsura niyo, mukha kayong mga nagpipigil ng tae" you jokingly stated which made them sigh and facepalm at your carefree attitude.

"Wag ka mag alala ayos lang si Luna nagmumukmok nga lang, iniwan ko muna sa may bahay " said Capt. Guerrero, pertaining to your question

"Eh sina Hank saka si Amang Paso ayos lang ba sila?" you asked yet again worried about the others you were with when the attack happened

"Ayos lang sila, nagpapasalamat pa nga sa pagligtas mo sa kanila, ikaw ayos ka lang ba?" Alexandra responded as she was the one who checked the conditions of the two.

You attemted to sit up, Maliksi who was the closest to you helped you to sit properly. "Medyo masakit lang ulo ko, pero g lang naman" you stated as you proceeded to graze over the bandage around your head with your left hand as your right hand was connected to dextrose, just then you noticed, you can't reach the upper part of your face.

You glanced at your left hand only to find nothing.

Your left arm has been amputated in half.

'What in the Erwin Smith is diz shit'

Their head hung low as you realized how bad your state is. You stared at the remaining part of your left arm, your hand up to your elbow was now gone.

"Your arm was crushed by a large debris, it needed to be amputated immediately... I'm so sorry y/n" Dominic explained, head still hung low.

"Ano ka ba, wag ka mag sorry di mo naman kasalanan. Buti na nga lang hindi yung dominant hand ko yung natanggal" you said as you tried to move your right arm.

'more like buti hindi ung ulo ko ung nadaganan'  you thought silently as you try to see the bright side of the things

"*sigh* parang nung kelan lang pinang kalmot ko pa to sa likod ni Dom-"

You stopped your statement after realizing what you're revealing. Dominic's eyes widened as a small smirk made up his face which he was trying to suppress.

"N-ni Domo, yung aso ng kapitbahay, yung mahilig mangagat ahahaha" you said as you laughed awkwardly, Dominic leaving a small chuckle which was fortunately unnoticed by others.

"Mhm si Domo yung asong mahilig mangagat, siya ba kumagat sa may leeg mo nung nakaraaang linggo?" Capt. Guerrero asked as he questioned the bite marks that he had noticed the week before, thankfully it was gone by now.

"Ahh hahaha opo pops, naglaro po kasi kami hahaha" you responed, blood cold by now while the person in charge of the said marks are having a hard time trying to suppress a sneer forming onto his face.

"Uhh so sino ba kasi may gawa nito?" you asked trying to avert the attention of others to the bite mark topic of yours. "Marami na ring kaso ng pag bobomba ang nangyari kamakailan, pati tribo nina Maliksi at Dominic naapektuhan na rin. Sigurado akong gawa to ni Mayor Sancho Santamaria"

"Eh? Sino yun?" you asked the unfamiliar name that Alexandra mentioned as you try to pull out the dextrose but stopped as Capt. Guerrero flicked your ear upon noticing

For better visualization, Alexandra turned the TV on and switched it to a channel where the said Mayor was having his speech.

Then you saw him, the man you've been searching for so long. The one who brought disaster to your once peaceful and fun life, the one who made the laughter of your sisters as your nightmare, the one who tricked you just for their own needs and greed. The man that ended the life of your dear sisters, Sancho Santamaria.

"S-siya..." your mouth hung agape as you trembled at the sight before you, fear and rage mixed on your features. The others stared at your state, confused and worried at your mixed emotions.

"Siya yung dahilan kung bakit namatay mga ate ko. At malamang nasa kanya pa yung pakpak ko" you snarled, fist curled into a ball, teeth gritting against each other. His features changed that's for sure, but the sinister look on his face stayed along with the scar that you made when you fought him back.

Still in rage, you took out the wires connected to your body and attempted to stand up. "Teka teka y/n, di ka puwedeng sumugod sa ganyang kondisyon" said Crispin as he tried to reason you

"Then what the fuck am I supposed to do? This is my most awaited chance, alam ko na kung nasan siya! Bakit pa ako mag aaksaya ng oras?!" you exclaimed, unintentionally raising your voice as rage took over you

Basillio grabbed your shoulder as he also tried to calm your nerves down "Calm down y/n wala-"

"Calm down?! I've been searching for him all my life, the man that mercilessly slaughtered my family, he took advantage of our kindness, he took my sister's life, he ruined my fucking life!" you furiously stated as you pried Basillio's hand away

"Y/n naiintindihan namin pero wala ka sa kondisyon para lumaban" Dominic reasoned as he held your right hand squeezing it as he saw how frantic you are

"No no no, you don't understand, I can't keep living like this anymore. Every single day, I hear the screams of agony and pleads of my sister and I can't do shit about it, just like how unuseful I was when it all happened"

"Y/n its not your fault, you were just a kid" consoled Maliksi as he patted your back gently.

Your breath became ragged, tears are on the corner of your eyes ready to fall out any second. Your hand curled into a fist as you try to get ahold of your emotions, but all you could ever think about was the faces of your sisters, along with their painful screams that seem to be nailed in your head.

"No, it's all my fault i-if only I was more careful then my sisters wouldn't have to suffer, i-if only I was stronger back then maybe I could have helped them, nasa labas lang sila ng kwarto na kinatatayuan ko pero wala akong magawa, bakit? Kasi mahina ako! Dapat ako na lang yung namatay hindi sila!"

A loud slap echoed the room as those words came out of your mouth, the palm of Capt. Guerrero's hand slammed against your teary face. Silence befell the room as you froze in your place.

"Tingin mo ba ikakatuwa ng mga ate mo kung ganyan ang nasa isip mo? Wala kang kasalanan y/n, biktima ka lang kaya wag na wag mong sasabihin na ikaw ang dahilan kung bakit namatay ang mga ate mo at lalong lano nang wag mo sasabihin na ikaw na lang dapat ang nawala... mahalaga ka para samin kaya sana pakahalagahan mo rin ang sarili mo"

The Captain said as he patted your head softly, your head still hung low, tears dripping from your face fell down to the hospital sheet your hands are gripping on. "Sorry pops" you said lowly already starting to calm down. 

"I'm sorry" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gagu kala ko na pulish ko na to kahapon HAHAHAHAHAHAHA