An Achilles' Heel

Disclaimer: I own nothing, not RWBY, not the characters, or any concepts and abilities written here. Please support the official release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pyrrha Nikos has been called many things in her short time on Remnant.

A prodigy.

The Invincible Girl.

Champion of Mistral.

But right now, she is the partner of Jaune Arc.

A boy that, for all intents and purposes, would not make it as a Huntsmen. Yet when she locked eyes on him for the first time, she knew there was untapped potential inside him, potential that wanted to be unleashed. But most of all, he made her feel something that she hasn't felt in her entire life.

He made her feel like a girl.

It was something she hadn't felt in... forever and it made her happy. He made her feel normal.

'"Is this love?" Pyrrha asked herself. "Am I falling in love with him?"

Since then she has been trying to get Jaune to notice her feelings, but the blonde knight was either too dense to notice or... preoccupied with a certain someone.

Still it would be nice to get noticed for once.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaune POV

"Here we go Jaune. Today is the big day." I told myself as I through the garden.

After the bombshell that the Headmaster dropped on me, I wasn't sure about how to react. To think Pyrrha Nikos, the Invincible Girl, the top student in Beacon, and the spokesperson for Punkin' Pete has a crush on me.

Me!? The fraud and dead last of Beacon!?

Its, and pardon my language, a bit of a mindfuck to process. Why would she be interested in me of all people!? It doesn't make any sense. But then again since coming to Beacon, nothing's been making sense.

Especially its headmaster, Professor Ozpin.

The guy is a wizard, like an actual wizard with magic and stuff. And to top it all off, he is immortal! Then there's that weird faunus everyone's been talking about, how he always seems to pop out of nowhere only to then disappear in the blink of an eye.

Like a watchdog.

"I hope he's right about this..." I walk up to a big open area and the first thing I see is Pyrrha looking out the window, watching the birds come and go.

" I walk up to a big open area and the first thing I see is Pyrrha looking out the window, watching the birds come and go

Pyrrha looks up and her signature smile adores her face. "Welcome back Jaune." She walks towards me.

"Hey Pyr..." God, she is so pretty. How the hell did I never notice this before? "Where's Ren and Nora?"

Nora went out to hunt for sloths and Ren went to make sure she didn't get into trouble." Ah so business and usual. Aside from pancakes and breaking legs, hunting sloths is probably Nora's favorite pastime. That or killing Grimm.

I still don't understand how Ren manages to tolerate her, let alone keep her in check.

"So its just the two of us..." I said.

"Yes, yes it is..."

'Gods, this is awkward. Come on Jaune, tell her what you need to say!'

"Hey, Pyrrha?" I call out.

"Yes?" Pyrrha said.

I take a deep breath. "I was thinking if, you know, you'd like to-"

"YES!" Pyrrha suddenly exclaims. Then, she realizes what she did and blushes from the embarrassment. "I'm sorry!"

Its okay," I told her. "But like I was going to say is if you'd like to come to Vale with me today."

Pyrrha smiles. "That sounds lovely."

"Alright, its a date!" I just realized what I just said and blush flailing my arms around. "N-not like that! I-it's not a date-date, its a friend date where you go out with someone!" I did it again. "Dammit!"

Pyrrha just giggles.

A while later.

Vale

After watching a movie, going to a restaurant, and going karaoke, Pyrrha and I are sitting on a bench in the park watching the sunset.

"Thank you Jaune. I had a wonderful time." Pyrrha said.

"Yeah, me too. Though I can't believe we got kicked out of karaoke because your singing." Yeah, turns out Pyrrha is very tone deaf. Her singing was so bad that the manager demanded that we leave the building because we were disturbing the other customers.

Pyrrha blushes from embarrassment. "I'm sorry!"

I smile. "Its fine, I thought your singing was beautiful."

Pyrrha blushes like crazy. 'He... he thinks my singing was beautiful!?'

"Hey, Jaune?"

"Hm?"

"Do you love me?"

I blush madly at the question. Pyrrha is a wonderful girl, the best girl I know. She has been by my side since the beginning and there's no one I would rather have as a partner.

There's only one answer.

"Yeah... I do." I said out loud. "I love you, Pyrrha."

In response, Pyrrha leans and kisses me. It seemed like time has stopped for us and I didn't want to let her go.

 It seemed like time has stopped for us and I didn't want to let her go

We stop kissing and look at each other. "I guess this means we're dating now."

Pyrrha smiles. "Yes."

Headmaster's Office

I watch from my Scroll as Jaune completed his first conquest flawlessly.

I take a sip from my mug. "Congratulations Jaune, but this was just too easy." I smirk. "The next conquest will be more difficult, that I can promise."

At that moment Glynda comes in with a stack of papers in hand. "Sir, I need you to sign these-"

"Get out!" I throw my cane and other crap at her, promptly her to quickly close the elevator doors.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Notes

One down, five to go.

A bit different from the usual crap I write here but not unwelcomed.

Peace~