Hanging with a Rose

Disclaimer: I own nothing, not RWBY, not the characters, or any concepts and abilities written here. Please support the official release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaune walks down the halls of Beacon, letting out a sigh in disappointment. After being rejected by Weiss for the nth time, he decides to leave her alone and let her get back to whatever she was doing. Probably something Ice Queen related.

Makes you wonder if she actually-

"JAUNE!" A familiar high-pitched voice calls out.

Jaune blinks to see Ruby Rose at the other end of the hall waving at me. She's the leader of team RWBY his sister team and the first friend he's .ever made here. She skipped two years and is a scythe-wielding prodigy! Like, seriously! No one knows how wield a scythe like Ruby Rose and when you combine that with her Semblance, you are in for a bad time.

Ruby trots towards me. "How are you? I haven't seen you in a long time."

Jaune sweat dropped. "Ruby, we have the same classes together; you saw me an hour ago."

Ruby blushes and gives me a sheepish look. "Hehehe... so we did."

Jaune smile, Ruby is cuteness incarnate. Her mannerisms, her personality. Its like she's a puppy who wants go out a play and you can't help but spoil every time you look at her.

"Aaaaaaannyyassss... I was thinking of going to Vale to pick up parts for Crescent Rose. Wanna come with me?" Ruby asks.

The White Knight arch an eyebrow. "I thought the school insured weapon maintenance."

"Well, there's a certain part that I want but the school won't buy it because its not... safe?" Ruby said. "But it'll be fun and in exchange I'll give you a special prize."

Jaune roll my eyes, I know where she's going with this. Whenever Ruby has these "special prizes" it usually involves explosions, cookies, her dog, and sometimes Nora. 

They don't end well.

"Alright, but I'm only going to keep an eye on you. Also if anything happens to you, Yang will rip my manhood off." Jaune said.

Ruby smiles and grabs my hand. "Onwards, to adventure!" She uses her Semblance and they blast off leaving rose petals everywhere.

Neo appears with cleaning supplies (because she is still a janitor believe it or not) and watches Little Red as she makes a mess with her Semblance... again.

She is definitely asking for overtime pay for this.

Vale Plaza

We walk through downtown and watch as everyone prepares for the upcoming Vytal Festival. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I've never participated in a tournament before. There's gonna be a lot of people watching us fight. I'll likely fight teams from all over Remnant, I might even have to fight Ruby's team.

"We're here!" Ruby's voice brings me back to reality.

Jaune looks at the store and the first thing that catches my attention are the words "Mr. Copper's Tech and Parts" made out of spare parts that have been glued together to form words.

"Huh, never been here before." Jaune mused.

"Not surprising, you're more into the classics; they barely need any maintenance." Ruby states. "C'mon, you're gonna love this."

Ruby opens the door and we walk inside and Jaune is enamored by the sight. Weapons. Hundreds of weapons as far as the eye can see of all types, shapes, and sizes. Heck, there are even weapons hanging by the ceiling. She trots towards the counter and hits the bell at high speeds.