Escape Strategy?

Disclaimer: I own nothing, not RWBY, not the characters, or any concepts and abilities written here. Please support the official release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Vytal Festival. An international festival held every two years in one of the Kingdoms of Remnant in celebration of the end of the Great War. During the festival, the various cultures of the world are celebrated with dances, parades and a combat tournament. The host Kingdom of the festival rotates every two years, and the host opens its borders to visitors from the other kingdoms.

Much like in the show, this year is Vale turn to host the festival and everyone is excited as you can imagine.

"Well damn..." I said in awe at the hovering stadium above. "It's one thing to see it in the show, but seeing it in real life is even more breathtaking."

"Sir, I'd advise you finish your work instead of staring off into space." The voice of Glynda snaps me back to reality.

"... why am I filling out forms again?" I asked.

"Because since Vale is hosting the Vytal Festival, the council must sign various forms regarding to other Kingdom's customs. And since as a headmaster YOU are a member of Vale's council so you are in charge of weapon customs." Glynda explains.

"But I wanna go see the tournament." I pouted.

"Finish the paperwork and THEN you can go watch the tournament, Ozpin." Glynda told him.

"Jimmy doesn't have to do paperwork..." I grumbled.

"Because James is in charge of security." Glynda pulls out a big-ass pile of paperwork from nowhere and slams it in my desk. "Now get back to work. These forms aren't going to be signed themselves."

I groan as I start to sign off papers. I don't even read them; just sign one, put in one pile, get another one. Rinse and repeat.

"So, who's winning so far?" I asked.

Glynda pulls out her tablet and activates a hologram showing the brackets. "So far, Team JNPR is first place, with CVFY in the second, and RWBY in third. They are about to start the 1-v-1 matches."

'Hm, Jaune is really taking the fighting seriously.' I thought. 'I hope he is because my bet and bonus are riding on him. What was I thinking? I shouldn't have fallen for Ishtar's bait.'

"Who's up first?" I asked.

"It seems Mr. Arc is going up against Mr. Winchester." Glynda informs me.

'Cardin is still here? I thought he'd high-tailed it out of here after 'remedial' class with Glynda.' I thought. "Can you change the roster and have Mr. Arc fight someone else? I don't want my priced pupil fighting that piece of shit."

"Already done."

'Well, that was easy. Maybe she can finally let me go.' I thought. "Can I watch the fight now?"

"AFTER you finish signing these forms." Glynda states.

I gesture the massive pile of papers. "Look at this, Glynda. By the time I done, the festival's gonna be over. I'm gonna miss out on my apprentice's first time." A tear rolls off my face. "I want to see the fruits of my labor, Glynda and if your not gonna respect my request then I'll simply fly myself out of the office and go to the arena."

Glynda glares at me and sighs. She presses a few icons and a screen appears in front of us.

"And now, Jaune Arc of Beacon vs Flynt Coal of Atlas!"