The Cat's Out of the Bag

Disclaimer: I own nothing, not RWBY, not the characters, or any concepts and abilities written here. Please support the official release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaune is walking through the mess hall when he notices Blake looking at her Scroll feverously. 

'Wonder what's got her so focused.' Jaune walks up to the ninja. "Hi, Blake."

Blake yelps in surprise by the sudden sound and looks up. "O-Oh. Hi, Jaune."

Jaune tilts his head. "What's wrong, Blake? You look kind of paled."

"I-Its nothing." She reluctantly said.

Jaune, obviously not buying it, leans forward and looks at her Scroll. On it is a news report on the recent White Fang activity in the kingdom and how they are connected to the Dust robberies that have been happening lately.

"The White Fang? The terrorist organization? Is that what got you so worked up?" Jaune asked.

Blake's neck suddenly snaps to his direction as she sends him a glare. "They are not terrorists. They are misguided."

Jaune arches a blond eyebrow. "Misguided? Blake, they kill people and steal Dust. Some of their victims are actually Faunus who opposed them. Do you really think at that point they are just 'misguided'? They KNOW what they're doing and have to be stopped."

"They should be helped! You can't just lock them away because of the decisions of a few!" Blake rebukes.

"Then they should leave. If they know that what they're doing is wrong, they should leave the White Fang." Jaune counters.

"Its not that simple..."

"Yes it is!"

At this point, the atmosphere was so dense you can cut it with a knife. That is until a chuckle escaped from Jaune's lips. 

"What's so funny?" Blake growled.

"Your ears perk up when you're mad. It's cute." Jaune comments.

Blake raises an eyebrow before her eyes widen and grabs her bow. "How did you know...?"

"Blake, bows don't just move on their own, not when there's no wind for them to move. Not to mention that, they would shift depending on your mood. Heck, right now the bow is stiffed indicating your shock." Jaune explains. "It doesn't take a genius to realize that your a Faunus. My question is why you'd go so far as to hide them from the world."

Blake looks at Jaune. "Promise me you won't tell anyone about this."

"I promise."

Blake sighs. "Before I came to Beacon, I was part of the White Fang. I pretty much grew up in there. We were supposed to be a movement that would give rise to equality, that we're more than our extra features. But after my father stepped down, the White Fang became violent, ruining lives instead of inspiring them. But no one was more affected more than my partner." She sobs. "He once kind and would fight for Faunus, but as time went on, he slowly became more violent and would lash out on anyone that wasn't in the White Fang. I couldn't take it anymore, and so when the opportunity arose, I left them."

"Are you alright?" 

"No. The White Fang are out of control, as a former member, it is my duty to stop them. I just... I just don't know what to do when I see HIM again." Blake admits. 

Jaune grabs her shoulder. "I'll protect you, don't you."

Blake looks at him and chuckles. "You clearly don't know what you're saying. He is ruthless, he is a monster is a sword, his Semblance allows him to absorb hits and redirect them back to his opponents. You will die before you can hurt him."