Chapter 13 : Give Herself Up

Another morning comes to greet her. The birds are chirping like it usually do lingering to her ears and mind. The wind blows softly but feels so colder than usual, she has already been used to the weather along with the sudden changes before, but today is different. Between the cloudy sky and the wet grounds,  her thoughts and mind just tied up and tangled which lead her to a complicated decision.

It brings her down, she couldn't see the sun which usually bright and make her feels warm. She couldn't find the strong and tough side of her. She is not even sure of she was try to be courageous or desperate and give up. But everything just become harder nowadays. When she firmly said that she wants to protect the land and the people, she ended to losing one of it.

Moonbyul is walking around at the corn field. Her eyes fixated to the field only no matter how the dark circles are shown below her doe eyes. It can't be helped since she need to make sure that the fields are save and clear.

It has been a week since the first warning from Han Sang Hoon started and haunted the farmers. His people are intimidating the farmers again and again. They are coming over everyday, being a mess and have another fights with the farmers. they burned one of their field at night randomly or destroyed it afterwards.

She hasn't get a proper sleep since then, she is checking the farms even at night with the help from the farmers. They are making a routine schedules to checking the farms at night, they even take turns everyday and moonbyul know that the farmers get a hard time too. She always feel sorry for that. Beneath the situation, there's a thing that make her a little bit relieved, it's because her mother said that her grandfather seems like to be hospitalised and haven't be permitted to go home.

It feels relieved since she hasn't told him and her mother about the whole situation. She couldn't imagine how bad it would be when she said it directly to them, how messed and how useless she was.

Since she found out that the notary office was no longer there, Moonbyul is trying to get more information about it. She asked the police to helped her and she even tried to visit every possible place that would be their new office alone.

But her confidence just slowly faded away, she is afraid that her documents have been  manipulated while it actually registered to an auction house by the notary. If her thoughts were true, so it explained a lot about how Han Sang Hoon claimed the whole land, the notary was the one who did it.

Nope, she is the one who make it happen

Moonbyul still looking around and checking the fields, the farms and the orchard, in case someone just put another lighter or a bottle of fuel there.

Now she is walking to the corn field, a field that should be ready to be harvested later at fall. She is afraid and she doesn't know what should she do to protect the lands, to get her rights towards the land back to win over Han Sang Hoon at the court. She doesn't have a clue at all.

She did, asked the police about the procedures and how much the cost that should be prepared later at the court. And based of that information, she knows that it would be a lot..A LOT.

The most possible thing that she could do is no other than sell the apple orchard and several fields to other landlord. So that she could manage to let the farmers working while she is fighting over her rights.

But a thing that stop her to sell her land is the farmers, she is afraid that when they worked under other landlord, they will never treated same or better than what they usually got. She knows it because she ever saw it directly.

"Moonbyulyi-ssi"

She heard a man called her from her behind. When she turned her back, there she saw Han Sang Hoon stands arrogantly.