Chapter 3

Hyun Bin was just telling Gong Yoo to get ready and do some warm-up with him when suddenly he felt an unexplainable pull from around the stands. His gaze then met a pair of stranger but oddly familiar eyes.

Gong Yoo has warned him that his step sister would come today, but nothing prepared Hyun Bin from the overwhelming emotions the moment their eyes met

Surprised, angry, curious?, bewildered, and other feelings that he found it hard to define swarmed around his mind.

Wanted to make sure, Hyun Bin asked his cousin if the girl staring at them from the spectator stands was really the infamous Ye Jin, his dad's step daughter.

Gong Yoo's reaction felt like a bucket of ice water being poured down his head. Yes, she was indeed Ye Jin who has replaced his position as his dad's child these last ten years.

His heart pounded loudly as the adrenaline in his blood rushed suddenly. There was this urge to show his authority to the girl so she will realize how he felt about Ye Jin and her mom.

Curious, Hyun Bin stole another glance to Ye Jin. The cheerful girl from the picture that he kept inside his dictionary has grown into a.... beautiful teenager? No. Beautiful is something that Hyun Bin didn't want to use to describe her.

She was different. She looked different compared to her old photograph. She also looked different from people around her. There's this unexplainable glow that Hyun Bin sensed around her figure, too dazzling but Hyun Bin just couldn't take his eyes off of her.

He just kept staring at her instinctively, there was this weird attraction to watch and examine her closer just like how flies attracted to light at night time.

That girl just sat there observing around until their eyes met once again. From the way she looked at him, Hyun Bin sure Ye Jin recognized him.
H

e let his eyes lingered bit longer before looking away.

Hyun Bin has decided to use this sudden adrenaline rush to show her what he got

Hyun Bin has decided to use this sudden adrenaline rush to show her what he got. That he was not just any other guys that she can take their rights away and treat it all she like.

Gong Yoo has finally coming back from the changing room and do a bit of warm-up by his side. The competition will be started soon, Hyun Bin breathed carefully and set his eyes accross the pool; his finish line.

Hyun Bin has decided, he has to be the winner this time.

****

Ye Jin yelled Gong Yoo's name passionately. Her throat felt sore already, but it seemed that this competition was a hard one to win even though her step cousin was a skillfull swimmer.

Gong Yoo oppa almost lead the race when suddenly a figure overtook his position.

Hyun Bin showed an amazing speed in that competition, and this made Ye Jin wanted to multiply her support for Gong Yoo.

The two swimmers has reached the end and soon swam back to the opposite direction for the last lap, leaving the other swimmers far behind.

From the spectator stands, hundreds of people yelled their support to their champion just like Ye Jin who has already stood up yelling Gong Yoo's name over and over again. He has to be the winner this time.

For years, Ye Jin never thought too much about the competitions that has been going on between Gong Yoo and Hyun Bin in the sport departement. Sometimes Gong Yoo won, but most of the time Hyun Bin beat him up.

Ye Jin really wanted Gong Yoo to wipe away that smug face of Hyun Bin by winning the race. Ye Jin wanted to see thag arrogant boy got defeated and finally bowed down his stubborn head.

Unfortunately he proved that he was not just and ordinary opponent to Gong Yoo. He stayed in front of Gong Yoo with tight distance, didn't even give a chance for Gong Yoo to overtake him.

As if his lungs were made of machine, he kept on going so Ye Jin couldn't help but admiring his power. The tip of his hand has finally touched the end line with Gong Yoo following so close behind.

They both emerged together at the same time but clearly, Hyun Bin is the winner.

The thundering sound of people clapping and cheering echoed inside the building. Smiling sourly, Ye Jin clapped too while watching their interaction from afar. They cheered and laughed at each other, giving Ye Jin a rare glimpse of Hyun Bin's laugh.
A pair of deep dimples appeared on his cheek, transforming his usually gloomy face to incredibly handsome. Ye Jin has to admit that.

They waved to the supporters cheerfully but the smile on Hyun Bin's face disappeared immediately when his eyes met Ye Jin once more. His face turned back to the stone cold mode and he immediately climbed up from the swimming pool, leaving Gong Yoo behind.

The cold gaze went in too deep piercing through her soul, made her unconsciously hug herself, feeling too lonely between the crowded supporters who were still celebrating the end of competition.

If she had any doubt before, it was finally clear now, Hyun Bin really hated her, Ye Jin concluded bitterly.