Chapter 28

Ye Jin turned on the faucet and washed her face. It was 2 o'clock at night, and Chul Soo had just drifted off from his tantrum session that night.

People said this would all be easier after a few weeks, but Ye Jin only saw an endless dark tunnel in front of her eyes.

Sometimes her mother helped her wake up in the middle of the night to prepare Chul Soo's milk, but Ye Jin realized that there's no way she can keep bothering her every time she's too tired to wake up at night when Chul Soo is hungry. At times like this, her mind always wanders imagining if Chul Soo's father is by her side, accompanying her to take care of their child. She always thought he would make a great dad.

But Hyun Bin won't come back to her. Ye Jin couldn't keep doing the same routine, getting up early in the morning expecting a letter or phone call sending news about his latest situation, and ended the day with disappointment. The mail box was always empty, and the phone calls never came from the person she was expecting.

Ye Jin had to learn not to expect anything anymore, because unfulfilled hopes would only hurt her again and again.

She had to accept that her greatest fear, being left alone to raise a baby without the father, had come true. At least Ye Jin could still be a little grateful that she didn't actually face this on her own. There was her mother, stepfather, Gong Yoo oppa and also his mother who always there for her.

Ye Jin had cried quite a lot these past few weeks since actually accepting the fact that Hyun Bin wouldn't come back to her. Learning to move on with life is not easy if there are so many little things that remind him of Chul Soo's father. From the smell of laundry detergent that reminded her of the memory of them washing clothes at his house, the memory of walking along the Han River after they pretended to get married, to the dimples that always appeared whenever Chul Soo smiled at her.

Ye Jin began to realize that it's easier to forget Hyun Bin by learning to hate him.

She hated Hyun Bin for making her trapped in this condition and then left her alone, Ye Jin was angry that Hyun Bin still left even though Ye Jin has repeatedly begged to cancel his plan, Ye Jin was also angry that Hyun Bin didn't try harder to contact her if indeed he was trapped and could not return. But even more so, Ye Jin was angry that Hyun Bin had made her fall in love with all the little things he did, but in the end he chose to leave her and their child anyway.

Yes, Hyun Bin was the one who had messed up her life to such an extent. Her life was normal before Hyun Bin came. Not perfect, but at least she has a future full of hope. But this man who was full of grudges and sadness came sending troubles after troubles, wrapped in a mask full of charm until Ye Jin was blinded by it.

No, Ye Jin shouldn't be drown in her past mistakes. She had to get up and make Hyun Bin regret his decision. She had to be able to prove that Ye Jin was too good for Hyun Bin, and his departure from her life would not ruin her any further.

Yes, Ye Jin can definitely do it. She could definitely free herself from the memories with Hyun Bin. Ye Jin can definitely be free from the inner war between continuing to love and learn to hate that man.

Ye Jin's reflection nodded encouragingly to herself from inside the mirror.  You can definitely do it, Ye Jin!

With renewed vigor Ye Jin walked back to her room. Taking a quick peek into the crib to make sure Chul Soo was still asleep, Ye Jin caught her breath as she looked at the innocent looking baby who was sleeping peacefully. Ye Jin knew all her efforts to continue living would fail seeing his father's handsome face reflected so perfectly on his son's face