Chapter 15

Trigger Warning: Violence

Hyun Bin spent the next week trying to figure out the best way to convey his apology.

There's one problem though, he was worried if Ye Jin will be scared and traumatized when she saw him again. That's why he decided to find out how Ye Jin was doing through one of her classmates.

Kim Hyun Sook was one of the students who always exited the school at the same time with Ye Jin, so Hyun Bin could guess correctly that the girl was in the same class.

The bus that Hyun Sook took from school everyday also happened to be heading to Hyun Bin's area, so he could take advantage of the morning commute to school and in the afternoon after school to find out about Ye Jin.

It is not difficult to approach Kim Hyun Sook because of her naturally friendly personality.  The girl seems wary at first, but as soon as Hyun Bin shows a photo of himself with his father, who Hyun Sook also recognizes as Ye Jin's stepfather who sometimes drops or picks up after school, her vigilance soon loosened.

  The girl seems wary at first, but as soon as Hyun Bin shows a photo of himself with his father, who Hyun Sook also recognizes as Ye Jin's stepfather who sometimes drops or picks up after school, her vigilance soon loosened

"I just wanted to make sure things were okay because the last time we met the situation didn't end well."  Technically Hyun Bin wasn't lying this time.

"And if you already know about her thoughts, what will you do?" Hyun Sook asked curiously.

"Well, I hope with your help I can figure out when and how to apologize." Hyun Bin answered honestly, "because if I showed up and apologized to her right now, she would have run away."

And from then on, Hyun Sook officially became his spy.

"Ye Jin has lost her appetite for days, she said eating Seolleongtang would make her feel better, but unfortunately she hasn't had time to cook it because it takes quite a while."  Hyun Sook said that afternoon.

Hearing that, Hyun Bin spent the whole night looking for a restaurant that sells good Seolleontang.  He was almost gave up and try cooking the soup himself but luckily the last restaurant he went to sold the Seolleontang he was looking for.

The next morning, Hyun Bin left the warmed Seolleontang to the school guard, not forgetting to slip a letter in it.

"Dear Ye Jin,

I know my apologies won't erase my mistake to you.

But please accept this Seolleontang Soup as a sign of my regret.