Chapter 37

Jung Woo Sung looked sadly at the girl sitting down in front of him. Ye Jin was his favorite employee at his coffee shop. Three days ago she suddenly asked permission to take several days off, and now she's back to resign?

"Is it about your salary? Is it not big enough? Or is there another problem?" Woo Sung asked probingly, "Come on, I'm sure we can compromise, you don't have to immediately submit your resignation like this..."

Ye Jin bit her lip as a sign that she was nervous, one of her habits that drove Woo Sung crazy, "I'm sorry, Oppa... But this is a family matter... I'll probably be back to Seoul soon..."

Woo Sung heaved a heavy sigh, his brain spinning for a way to stop Ye Jin from leaving. During the six months Ye Jin worked at her coffee shop, Woo Sung has got used to seeing her beautiful face. Woo Sung is not ready to suddenly have to say goodbye to her, especially when he was planning to approach her.

"Is there anything in Seoul that you can't get in Daegu?" Woo Sung asked carefully. He honestly wanted to ask if there was someone waiting for her in Seoul, but his heart wasn't ready for the worst.

"It's not like that, oppa. It's just time for me to go back. It's been too long since I left Seoul." Ye Jin smiled expecting him to understand. "Thank you for accepting me these six months, I hope your coffee shop will get busier and more successful..."

Woo Sung looked at Ye Jin resignedly, "If there's really nothing else I can do to hold you back, that's fine.... But please stay for one more day, your co-workers will want to say goodbye one last time too."

Woo Sung can only hold back his urge to beg Ye Jin to stay. It seemed that the decision was made up, and there was nothing else to do but let this beautiful girl go.

***

"Eonnie!"  Yu Mi called Ye Jin who was talking to some of her coworkers behind the counter.  Ye Jin looked up and immediately smiled at her.

"Yu Mi! Sorry I'm still stuck here, where's Gi Dong?" Ye Jin pulled Yu Mi to sit at one of the small tables near the glass wall.

"Gi Dong at Halmeoni's house with Gong Yoo oppa and Hyun Bin oppa... I offered to check on eonnie when everyone start getting restless..." Yu Mi explained while looking around, "This place is nice too..." she commented. There is no coffee shop like this in her village in Jeju.

"Aigooo.. I'm sorry, my boss asked me to wait for my coworkers first so they can say goodbye..." Ye Jin felt bad that she had worried her family, "I should have called home earlier..."

"It's okay eonnie, after all, I have the opportunity to take a walk and look around," Yu Mi waved her hand in front of her face, "by the way, who is this super macho handsome man who has been watching eonnie since earlier?"

Ye Jin turned her head reflexively and immediately regretted when her gaze met Woo Sung oppa's. "Haissshhh.. That's my boss..!"  Ye Jin whispered as she covered her face, embarrassed.

!"  Ye Jin whispered as she covered her face, embarrassed