Chapter 39

"Hoaaaaahm..." Ye Jin poured milk into her cereal bowl while yawning widely. It was already eight o'clock in the morning and Ye Jin still felt sleepy even though she had slept a few hours earlier.

"Aigooo.. Must be hard to sleep last night because halmeoni snored too loud, right?" Ye Jin's grandmother looked at her concernedly from across the table.

Gong Yoo looked at her sarcastically, "Pfffs! More like Hyun Bin's snoring that made her couldn't sleep."

The owner of the name suddenly appeared and put his hands on Gong Yoo's shoulders, "I don't snore when I sleep." he muttered, squeezing his cousin's shoulder hard.

Gong Yoo grimaced in pain, staring at Hyun Bin who was sending him a warning look. "Don't say nonsense." he whispered.

Ye Jin felt her heart pounding as her eyes met Hyun Bin's, flashes of last night's events replayed in her mind. Hyun Bin smiled meaningfully, reminding Ye Jin of what they were doing at the kitchen table right behind them last night.

The touch of Grandma's hand on her forehead made Ye Jin snap out of her daydream, "Why are your cheeks red, Ye Jin? Do you have a fever?"

"N-no, halmeoni." Ye Jin answered her grandmother with a smile. "Ye Jin just felt a little hot..."

"Tch! Acting all cute in front of halmeoni..." Gong Yoo muttered looking at his soup bowl.

Hyun Bin kicked his chair hard, making Gong Yoo flinch again. "Just eat, don't nag too much."

"What's the matter, oppa?" Yu Mi watched their behavior curiously.

"I'll tell you later, if they're not there." Gong Yoo replied while glaring at his cousin.

Ye Jin bit her lip in resignation, sometimes Gong Yoo oppa is too outspoken. Soon Yu Mi will know about her wild behavior with Hyun Bin last night.

"Appa, I don't want to go to Seoul, I don't want to meet appa's mother....!" Gi Dong turned their attention away, his eyes on Hyun Bin pleading.  "Ahjussi said appa's mother is an evil witch!"

"Haissshh why am I being dragged again! I just said that if Gi Dong being naughty, your grandmother will come to eat you!" Gong Yoo glared at his nephew.

Ye Jin's grandmother suddenly stood up and beat Gong Yoo hard on the head, "Why did you scare my grandson?! You used to tease Ye Jin all the time, now Gi Dong! Aigooo, so annoying...!"

Hyun Bin and Gi Dong laughed at Gong Yoo who screamed in pain, "Your grandma is not a witch. She is fierce, but don't be afraid because appa will always protect Gi Dong," Hyun Bin said later.