Chapter 19

There were so many beautiful faces all across the earth, but a beauty like Ye Jin's might only appear once in every generation.  Hyun Bin's mother had to admit it.

Unfortunately, this type of beauty often invites tragedy rather than happiness. Hyun Bin's mother realized from the way her son looked at her at the hospital, Hyun Bin was already trapped and couldn't escape from the charm of his stepsister's beauty. But she never expected that his son would be the first to bring this kind of tragedy into Ye Jin's life.

As a mother, it is her duty to save her child from the fate of a life full of sorrow and distress. Beauty will fade, but the slightest mistake can cause a lifetime of suffering.

"So, are you sure you want to continue your pregnancy?" Hyun Bin's mother started the conversation without further ado.

Ye Jin nodded timidly. Hyun Bin squeezed the girl's fingers to lend some strength while his mother glanced coldly at their interaction.

"How old are you now, not even 17, I guess?"  Hyun Bin's mother asked sarcastically.

"I will turn 17 this month, Auntie."  Ye Jin replied without lifting her gaze.

"And Hyun Bin is just over 18 years old. You have a long way to go." Hyun Bin's mother lifted her chin as she crossed her arms, "Having a child at this age will only give you burden. You won't be able to grow and achieve your fullest potentials"

Hyun Bin's father glanced out the window, trying hard not to interrupt.

"I have understood the risk and accepted it when I found out about my condition, auntie."  Ye Jin raised her head, "for me aborting this innocent baby is not an option"

Hm, finally this cute cat start to show its fangs, Hyun Bin's mother thought amusedly.  All this time Ye Jin looked too 'tame' to her.  "At your current pregnancy your fetus is not a baby yet, I think." she said as he glanced at Ye Jin's still flat stomach. "It's not too late to consider..."

"Its only about 2 months, Auntie, but I will not stop this developing life just because I'm not ready to be a mother." Ye Jin mustered up the courage to look at Hyun Bin's mother in the eye, "All I know is, a child will be born in a matter of months, and my duty is to try to give it the best life possible."

Hyun Bin looked at the girl next to him in admiration. No doubt he has fallen deeper into Ye Jin's snare, Hyun Bin's mother thought bitterly. Much like his father.

"Well then, I don't think there's any point in trying to persuade you to reconsider this decision." Hyun Bin's mother sighed heavily, "I will bless your marriage, but with some conditions."

"Eomma!"  Hyun Bin responded, reasy to fight, "With or without eomma's blessing, I will still marry Ye Jin!"

"Tsk, you forgot that technically the two of you still need a letter of consent from a parent or legal guardian to get married?" Her mother shook her head, irritated, "And don't expect your dad to be able to help you with this, because the guardianship right is in eomma's hands."

Hyun Bin sat slumped in realization of his defeat, Ye Jin patted his arm soothingly, "Let's hear your mother's terms first, oppa..."

"