Chapter 34

"I didn't know oppa smoked now...." Ye Jin approached Hyun Bin who was alone in the side yard of the house with a cigarette stuck to his lips.

" Ye Jin approached Hyun Bin who was alone in the side yard of the house with a cigarette stuck to his lips

Hyun Bin smiled awkwardly, took a deep breath of his cigarette before throwing it on the ground. "Gi Dong still sleeping?" he asked distractingly.

Ye Jin nodded, looking at the cigarette lying on the ground curiously. "Since when did you smoke...?"

"Since I can't run to alcohol, so I'm looking for an escape to something else." he replied with a wry smile. "I meant to stop though..." he added after seeing Ye Jin's displeased face.

"Is there a habit or something else I need to know...?" Ye Jin asked probing, "plans to return to America, or maybe someone is waiting for oppa there..?"

Hyun Bin stared blankly at Ye Jin, did she ask about his current relationship status?

"We haven't had time to discuss what our plans are after Chul Soo-I mean Gi Dong's back..." Ye Jin explained, her cheeks suddenly turning red.

"Oooooh... I see..!"  Hyun Bin hastily replied.  "And no, I have no plans to return to America.. Nor do I have anyone waiting for me anywhere. There has never been anyone else.." he emphasized.

Ye Jin nodded stiffly, holding back the smile that tickled the corners of her lips.

"How about you?"  Hyun Bin ventured to ask.

Ye Jin raised her gaze in surprise, "Me? What about me?"

"Is anyone waiting for you?"  Hyun Bin asked bluntly.

Ye Jin sighed loudly, "I have no desire to start a relationship again, oppa. I just want to reunite with Chul Soo and make sure my son grows up well to make up for the time I lost without him..."

Hyun Bin was silent listening to her answer.  Does that mean he shouldn't expect to be able to resume their delayed story?

Reluctantly Hyun Bin pulled Ye Jin's hand suddenly. "I've just accepted to a job in Seoul, Ye Jin. Next month I will start working. My salary is more than enough to support the three of us. I beg you, marry me again please. Real marriage, this time! We give Gi Dong a complete family!"

Ye Jin who was surprised to accept his proposal could only look at him sadly, remembering their promise to get married soon after Hyun Bin returned from America 5 years ago. But 5 years is not a short time, Ye Jin doesn't know if Hyun Bin is still the same person she loved 5 years ago. And she also doubts if Hyun Bin can accept all the fragility she has caused by trauma and depression over the past few years.