Chapter 14

Ye Jin braced herself before opening the door to enter Gong Yoo oppa's room slowly. Behind her, Auntie Sun Young nodded encouragingly.

Previously, Gong Yoo's mother ran frantically asking for help to Ye Jin's house because of the commotion her son made in his own room. Ye Jin's step-cousin just came home and decided to destroy his room, and all his mother's attempts to calm him down were failed.

Closing the door behind her, Ye Jin looked around. Her chest thumped as the flash of the events she had experienced in this room before reappeared.

The room looked different now. The curtain was pulled off from the railing, revealing the dim twilight rays from the open window.

Several broken photo frames were scattered on the floor. The small cupboard on his bedside had been overturned and the contents were tossed around.

But the messy bed was not too different than when she left Hyun Bin lying naked on it some time ago.

Ye Jin almost turned away, but seeing Gong Yoo oppa sitting on the floor crying, Ye Jin decided to stay.

"Oppa..." she called softly.

Gong Yoo didn't raise his face at Ye Jin's voice. His eyes were closed, but his lips smiled sadly. Ye Jin had never seen her cheerful oppa looking depressed like this.

Gong Yoo oppa must have met Hyun Bin and found out what happened between the two of them.

Ye Jin knelt beside Gong Yoo, tears rolling down her cheeks again, "I'm sorry oppa..."

Gong Yoo looked at Ye Jin's, surprised, "Why are you apologizing to me?" he asked.

Still sobbing Ye Jin replied, "I know oppa must be angry and disappointed with me..."

“No… No… You're wrong… I'm not mad at you,”Gong Yoo pulled Ye Jin into his arms. They were now crying and hugging each other on the floor.

"I was angry with myself for leaving you to Busan even though my feelings told me to stay."

Ye Jin sat up straight looking at her step cousin in disbelief, how could he blamed himself for what happened between Ye Jin and Hyun Bin..?

"This is not Oppa's fault!" Ye Jin tried to explain, "I'm the stupid one, coming here that night, I thought oppa came back early..."

Gong Yoo lowered his head again, rubbing his face with both hands so hard to dispel the image of his cousin doing the unforgivable things to Ye Jin. "I won't forgive myself for that!" he said stubbornly as he pulled Ye Jin back into his arms.

"If only I could turn back time..." he whispered.  His lips kissed Ye Jin's head affectionately.

Ye Jin shook her head vigorously, not wanting to let Gong Yoo continue to blame himself, but her own sobs made it difficult for her to speak.