Chapter 9

Hyun Bin finished his last lap breathlessly.  His swimming speed was still too slow even after a month had passed since his kidney surgery.  Frustrated, Hyun Bin took off his swimming goggles and prepared to get out of the pool.

He changed his mind when two people he didn't want to see appeared from the entrance. Gong Yoo and Ye Jin walked hand in hand with gym bags slung over each other's shoulders. Apparently Gong Yoo took Ye Jin with him to practice swimming today, Hyun Bin thought sourly.

Maybe he could sneak around so he wouldn't have to greet them?

Unfortunately Gong Yoo's eagle eyes have recognized him even though Hyun Bin has tried to stand close to the edge of the pool, "Hey, Bin!"  he shouted.

Ye Jin turned her head to follow Gong Yoo's gaze, unable to hide her surprise meeting Hyun Bin in that place.

Reluctantly, Hyun Bin got out of the pool and walked over. Ye Jin smiled hesitantly and nodded towards him in greeting.  "I'm going to the locker room first, oppa," she said quietly.  Hyun Bin suddenly felt that the girl was also avoiding him.

Gong Yoo patted his shoulder hard, "Where have you been? Have you recovered? why did you start swimming again?"

Hyun Bin smiled sadly, "With my current condition, it seems that I can no longer enter the competition."

Gong Yoo looked at him seriously, "What is your current speed record?"

"Not as fast as it used to be."  Hyun Bin answered briefly.

"Don't be sad, we can practice slowly together. I'm sure you will win the championship again in no time" Gong Yoo tried to encourage him.

"And while you haven't recovered yet, let your goblin cousin win the swimming competitions on your behalf," he continued.

"Come on one lap first with me." asked Gong Yoo while taking off his shirt and pants leaving his swimming trunks.

Hyun Bin's cousin threw his clothes carelessly towards his gym bag that on the bench when his shirt flung onto Ye Jin's pair of milky white legs.

Hyun Bin and Gong Yoo gaped at Ye Jin who stood awkwardly in a pair of white bikini.

"I-I brought the wrong swimsuit, oppa ..." she said embarrassedly.

"Heheh, actually I've exchanged her swimsuit for that bikini", Gong Yoo whispered mischievously to Hyun Bin who suddenly felt his throat dry.

His cousin then ran over to Ye Jin and lifted her body before throwing her into the cold pool water. Not caring for the girl's cries for mercy.