Chapter 17

Ye Jin had already changed clothes and was cleaning up when Gong Yoo came back with 3 kinds of pregnancy test kits.

The two of them sat on Ye Jin's bedroom floor and studied the three test kits before use. "All of them says that the best time to test is in the morning when you just woke up, should we wait?" Gong Yoo looked at Ye Jin who was observing the small plastic bowl that should be used to contain her pee in her palm.

"I'm not sure I can wait that long," Ye Jin replied. "I want to know the result as soon as possible so we can quickly focus on the next step."

Gong Yoo nodded in agreement, "I think so too..."

"Okay then," Ye Jin pursed her lips and got up towards the bathroom across from her room.

Gong Yoo followed behind, waiting with his arms crossed in front of Ye Jin's bathroom door.

Never before had waiting 1-2 minutes felt so stressful for him.  Gong Yoo mustered all his concentration to pray to God that the test result was negative.

But what if the result is positive? What would you do? Could he accept Hyun Bin's child in her womb? His mind asked in horror.

No! He didn't want to think about the possibilities now. He would just wait and let the universe determine their destiny after this.

The bathroom door suddenly opened slowly.  Ye Jin came out with a paler face than before, her trembling hands holding out the test results towards Gong Yoo. Gong Yoo's heart seemed to be ready to jump out of his chest.  With horror, he stared at the two lines and plus signs on all the test kits in his hands.

Ye Jin cried silently, and all Gong Yoo could do was hug the girl to comfort her and show her that she won't be alone

Ye Jin cried silently, and all Gong Yoo could do was hug the girl to comfort her and show her that she won't be alone. What had happened wasn't Ye Jin's fault, so he shouldn't left her alone no matter how disappointed and hurt he was at this situation.

Gong Yoo carefully led Ye Jin to sit on her bed.  The girl lowered her head as Gong Yoo sat on his knees in front of her while brushing away her long hair that covered her face. "Do you have any plans now...?" Gong Yoo asked carefully.

Ye Jin nodded hesitantly, "I'll give birth to the baby, oppa."

Gong Yoo knows Ye Jin will not consider having an abortion. The girl may have already imagined the fetus in her womb as an innocent baby who should not be killed because of their parents' fault. Gong Yoo held his breath trying to accept this situation, "Okay, oppa will support you. But if you really intend to give birth to this child, you have to improve your condition first."

He squeezed Ye Jin's small shoulders before saying, "Look, you're too skinny to carry a baby in your tummy."

The girl smiled a little, "thank you for understanding, oppa..."

"Haiiiisshhh ..! No need to thank me." he answered as he stood up, "You have vitamins? No? Oppa will get them at home, okay?"

Without waiting for an answer, Gong Yoo ran out of the room towards his house.  It seemed that he also needed some time alone so he could think through his next steps with a clear mind.