Chapter 36

"Are you sure that Ye Jin eonnie's family can accept my presence?" Yu Mi who was tidying her house after the three days of funeral procession suddenly asked Gong Yoo.

They decided that the sooner they moved to Seoul the better will be as things became increasingly unsafe. Currently Gong Yoo is helping Yu Mi pack the things she will take to Seoul and make sure no valuables are left behind.

"I'm pretty sure. But if they won't accept you, you can stay with me." Gong Yoo replied as he spilled the entire contents of the cupboard drawer in Yu Mi's late mother's room onto a piece of cloth and started sorting the contents.

"Yaaaa! People will gossip, later!" Yu Mi throws Gi Dong's baby shoes at Gong Yoo's head in annoyance.

"Haiiishhhh why so rude? I'm just offering a solution! After all, Ye Jin's parents are kind, you don't have to worry about anything!" Gong Yoo picked up the baby shoes that Yu Mi threw at him earlier, "By the way, bring a pair of Gi Dong baby shoes. Ye Jin will definitely want to keep Gi Dong's childhood memories."

"Oppa really cares about Ye Jin eonnie," Yu Mi commented while looking for the other pair of baby shoes she threw earlier. Her mind drifted to Ye Jin's photo in Gong Yoo's wallet that she had accidentally seen a while ago.

"She's like my own little sister," Gong Yoo sighed softly, "we grew up together since childhood. Have I told you my uncle married Ye Jin's mother?"

"Yeah... But don't you find it strange, Ye Jin eonnie has a child out of wedlock with her own step-brother?"

Gong Yoo looked at Yu Mi with furrowed brows. Maybe because of growing up around villagers, Yu Mi got used to questioning people's personal problems bluntly. No wonder she was so worried about what people will say about her move to Seoul with Gong Yoo and his family later.

"It's complicated, and I don't feel entitled to share the personal problems between Ye Jin and Hyun Bin. Maybe one day Gi Dong eomma will tell you herself..." Gong Yoo hastily erased the bitter memories of that time from his mind, "but  before that, please don't judge those two, okay?"

"Yeah, I see..." Yu Mi pursed her lips. "I'm just worried about Gi Dong's future... If his parents don't want to get married because they're worried about people's views, how can my brother get a complete family?"

"Believe me, its not because they're worried about what people may think about them," Gong Yoo sighed thinking about all the obstacles in front of Ye Jin and Hyun Bin, "I also hope that all this will end soon, Gi Dong is reunited with his parents, they are married and live happily ever after."

"You see, because of dealing with their love life I don't have time to take care of my own love life." he added while glancing at Yu Mi furtively.

"Aigoooo.. I'm so sorry to hear that, ahjussi... It must be hard to find a girl as beautiful as Ye Jin eonnie right...?" Yu Mi quipped.

Gong Yoo was silent for a while, "Ye Jin is beautiful, but it's not her face that attracts m-Hyun Bin. Her tendency to always look for the good side of everyone makes us all want to protect her. Ye Jin will do what her conscience tells her to do. Unfortunately it was her kindness that brought us all here now."

Yu Mi was dumbfounded trying to digest Gong Yoo's explanation.

"And no, I'm not looking for someone like Ye Jin. Just one girl like her is enough to deal with, look what kind of hassle she has brought to our lives now." Gong Yoo stood up suddenly, then slowly walked closer, one of Gi Dong's shoes twirling between his fingers, "I'm looking for a girl who is strong, steadfast, and resilient. I'm sure there are beautiful girls with such features around here..." he continued as he put Gi Dong's shoes in Yu Mi's hands.