Chapter 32

From a distance, Hyun Bin recognized Gong Yoo's figure standing at the bus stop waiting for him and Ye Jin to arrive. The bus they took from the port finally arrived at the village where his nanny lived. While carrying all their belongings (his own backpack and Ye Jin's carry-on bag) Hyun Bin insisted on helping Ye Jin to get off the bus.

Gong Yoo greeted them, his face looked so pale that Hyun Bin felt a little sorry. He must be afraid and felt guilty to me and Ye Jin, Hyun Bin thought as he let Gong Yoo take Ye Jin's bag from his hands.

They walked in silence towards the house that Gong Yoo had previously rented from the locals. Hyun Bin had asked via text message why they didn't just come to his nanny's house, who knows they could stay there. But Gong Yoo replied that the situation is quite complicated, so they have to be careful in what steps they take before expressing their intention to take Chul Soo back.

Gong Yoo opened the door of the house shaking so much that Hyun Bin was worried about Gong Yoo's psychic condition as well.  Three people with psychological problems gathered in one house? Hyun Bin felt that was not a good idea.

Ye Jin entered the house without a word, her eyes roaming every corner of the room with interest. Hyun Bin was actually curious to look around, but he could sense something was wrong with his cousin who was now pacing restlessly.

Honestly, he felt really tired because of the long journey that had been delayed for hours waiting for the ferry that was stuck in bad weather and Hyun Bin was sure Ye Jin couldn't wait to take a shower and rest. But Gong Yoo's nervousness made him want to get an answer right away, what really happened?

As if reading his mind, Gong Yoo stopped pacing and looked at Hyun Bin in horror, "Your nanny died in an accident while diving for shellfish this afternoon."

Hyun Bin was flabbergasted at the sudden bad news, while Ye Jin stood frozen staring at them in disbelief.  "Chul Soo... How about Chul Soo..?"  she whispered frantically. Hyun Bin immediately grabbed Ye Jin into a hug to calm her down.

"Chul Soo is safe with his sister... I mean Hyun Bin's nanny's daughter who has been taking care of Chul Soo when her mother goes diving..."  Gong Yoo explained hastily. "Please... Calm down Ye Jin... I don't want our efforts to be in vain for acting rashly..."

Hyun Bin tried to remember but failed, he never knew if his nanny had children. "How old is my nanny's daughter?" he asked then.

"20 years old," replied Gong Yoo, "And don't worry, I know for sure she can take care of your son. I know myself because she is my co-worker at the convenience store near the bus stop."

Hyun Bin shook his head in disbelief, "How long have you stayed here to investigate Chul Soo's whereabouts...?"

"Quite long, maybe around 4 months. It's very difficult to find convincing evidence that the child is really yours. His adoptive sister insisted that Gi Dong-your current son's name-is her biological brother."

"Gi Dong...?" Ye Jin whispered as she let go of Hyun Bin's arms to get closer to Gong Yoo, "And how can you be sure that it's Chul Soo..?"

Gong Yoo looked at Ye Jin timidly, remembering the mistake he had made for the girl, "First the child is the same age as Chul Soo.. Second, you should see his face... Especially his dimples which are very similar to Hyun Bin.."  Gong Yoo glanced at his cousin, "and thirdly, his own adopted sister finally admitted recently that Gi Dong is not her real brother."