Chapter 23

"I've just realized that I haven't formally apologize to you yet." Hyun Bin glanced at Ye Jin, his hands gently massaged her legs while she was lying on the sofa with her eyes closed.  In her 5th month of pregnancy, her body still has trouble adjusting to pregnancy hormones. Nausea and vomiting are still part of the daily menu.

"Sorry for what, Oppa...?"  Ye Jin asked without opening her eyes.

"For making you like this.." Hyun Bin looked down at Ye Jin's legs which were on his lap.

"Haven't I told you already? You are forgiven oppa...." Ye Jin answered briefly, hoping Hyun Bin would stop bringing up the unfortunate incident.

"But I never explained what made me do it that time..." Hyun Bin answered stubbornly.

Ye Jin opened her eyes, pulled her legs up and sat up straight to watch the look on the face of the man who would soon become her husband. "I thought at that time oppa just got carried away..."

Hyun Bin took Ye Jin's hand, watching her long, slender fingers, "That's not entirely true. At that time I was quite able to control myself.... Until wild thoughts provoked me..."

"What wild thoughts, oppa...?"  Ye Jin looked at Hyun Bin's worried face.

"I was alfraid that you'll change your mind about me..." Hyun Bin replied in a trembling voice, "afraid you'd realize that other person, especially Gong Yoo, is better than me..."

Ye Jin caressed Hyun Bin's cheek with concern, "Sorry if my closeness with Gong Yoo oppa at that time made oppa think like that

Ye Jin caressed Hyun Bin's cheek with concern, "Sorry if my closeness with Gong Yoo oppa at that time made oppa think like that..."

"No, you're not wrong." Hyun Bin looked into Ye Jin's eyes hoping that the girl would misunderstand, "The problem is that I have abandonement issue."

Ye Jin was silent, listening.

"While undergoing therapy at the rehab center, I found out that I had to overcome my fear so that it wouldn't adversely affect my social relationships."

"That's why I always have a hard time making friends, and also why I have a tendency to be too possessive of whatever I consider to be mine."

"Do you still feel like that until now?"  Ye Jin asked concernedly.

"I try to trust others more, to trust in our commitment together" Hyun Bin smiled reassuringly, "my therapist said a relationship filled with suspicion and insecurity will only make my fears come true.

Ye Jin nodded in agreement. "After all, oppa has no reason to be afraid. I have no plans to marry someone else in the near future" Ye Jin added while showing her dazzling crescent moon smile.