Chapter 29

There was no significant change when Hyun Bin finally set his foot in front of Ye Jin's house again after almost 5 years had passed. The same steps that lead to the joined gate between Ye Jin and Gong Yoo's house, the same walls and windows, the same door where Ye Jin used to greet him when he came to visit, and waved her hand goodbye when he has to catch for the last bus. Overall the house still looked the same from the outside, but somehow something was different. The house seemed to have lost its soul. Taking a deep breath, Hyun Bin press the doorbell and preparing himself to face the source of both his nice dreams and nightmares.

After ringing the bell for quite a while without any answer, Hyun Bin was almost certain that Ye Jin's house was no longer inhabited

After ringing the bell for quite a while without any answer, Hyun Bin was almost certain that Ye Jin's house was no longer inhabited. The house next door, where Gong Yoo and Auntie Sun Young used to live also looked deserted. Have they all left this place and started a new life elsewhere?

"Hyun... Bin.....?"  The soft voice behind him startled Hyun Bin, Auntie Sun Young looked shocked to see her nephew suddenly reappear, standing in front of her house after being missing for so long.

"Hello, auntie... Long time no see..." Hyun Bin smiled stiffly.

"Gosh... Is this really you...? Where have you been all this time...?" Auntie Sun Young immediately showered him with tears and hugs. "Aigooo.. You're just getting taller now...! Come on in, it just so happens that your cousin Gong Yoo is home today, he's out now.. come here..tell everything that happened to you all this years!" the woman continued to talk while dragging Hyun Bin through the gate and towards the side door.

While following his aunt, Hyun Bin surveyed the house next door which was tightly closed.  The dust that had accumulated in the corners of the doors and windows indicated that the house had indeed been abandoned for a long time.

"Come sit here, Bin... Auntie will get you something to drink... Do you want anything?"  asked Aunt Sun Young, hastily opening the refrigerator and kitchen cupboards.

Hyun Bin put his hands in his pockets, still feeling awkward being in this place he honestly didn't want to visit for one particular reason, "Auntie, don't bother. I just came here to see my son."

The empty glass slipped from Aunt Sun Young's hand, hit the floor and shattered all over the floor. The woman turned slowly, her lips parted in surprise at Hyun Bin's words. "You want to see your son...?

"Auntie said Gong Yoo was coming home here? Was that mean they don't live here anymore? Is your daughter-in-law and and my son coming too...?"

"Daughter-in-law....? What are you talking about, Bin...?" Aunt Sun Young dragged a chair in front of her and sat down slowly, clearly in so much shock that she couldn't stand up straight.