Chapter 16

These three days passed by vaguely for Gong Yoo. Like scenes from a movie, everything that had happened during these three days was swirling in his mind.

Beating up Hyun Bin who came to Ye Jin at school, Ye Jin's non-stop crying while they were on bus, several police officers who came to pick him up on the report of Hyun Bin's mother, staying at the police station for two nights until finally being picked up by his uncle, Ye Jin's stepfather who is also Hyun Bin's biological father.

Now, in the car on his way home from the police station, Gong Yoo feels compelled to explain the circumstances that led him to beat up his uncle's son.

But explanation will practically unravel the complicated situation between Hyun Bin and Ye Jin. So Gong Yoo decided to remain silent in the end.

"Uncle can't understand, you guys were very close since childhood, why are you guys so hostile now?" Hyun Bin's father shook his head in disbelief.

Gong Yoo just stared straight ahead in silence.

"Did you know that it was Hyun Bin who begged his mother to stop the prosecution?" asked his uncle. "In order to free you, he had to agree to his mother's condition to be taken to an alcohol addiction rehabilitation center in Gangdong after all of his injuries were healed."

Gong Yoo looked at his uncle's face, surprised.

"And why didn't anyone tell me that Hyun Bin is addicted to soju now? That kid isn't even 19 yet!" His uncle's fists clenched in anger hitting the steering wheel.

Ye Jin's stepfather glanced at Gong Yoo's reaction before continuing, "You really have crushed your cousin's body. Why are you two stubbornly refusing to open your mouth about the reason behind your fight, huh?"

"Uncle can't even ask Ye Jin because she immediately cries and shuts herself up whenever uncle or her mother try to talk."

Gong Yoo averted his gaze timidly, "This is a personal matter, uncle..."

"BUT THIS PERSONAL MATTER HAS INJURED MY SON SO BADLY!", his usually patient uncle finally exploded with anger.

"Uncle doesn't care about your reasons, after Hyun Bin finishes treatment, the three of you have to explain the problem!"

Gong Yoo swallowed hard.  "Okay uncle."

"Uncle wants your problem to be resolved properly, so this kind of incident won't happen again." his uncle broke off before their car turned into the lane leading to their house.

***

Hyun Bin's injury seemed to be really severe. From Gong Yoo's mother who came to visit the hospital every day to fix things with Hyun Bin's mother, Ye Jin heard that he can only eat through a tube inserted into her mouth for at least the next 2 weeks.

His jaw had been dislocated due to the repeated blows, not to mention bruises and fractures in several parts of his ribs.

Ye Jin never thought that Gong Yoo oppa could beat his cousin to such an extent. The brotherly affection seemed to be gone and turned into a bitter grudge that will explode any time.