Chapter 25

"Oppa...?" Ye Jin peeked inside and carefully knocked on the side door of Gong Yoo's house. It felt like it's been so long since the last time Ye Jin entered Gong this house.

"Oppa, where are you...?" there was no answer, but from the slightly opened door of Gong Yoo's room, Ye Jin could see that her step cousin was sleeping.

Sighing, Ye Jin looked around. The house looked quite clean and tidy except for the pile of dirty dishes in the sink.

Aunt Sun Young went alone to Busan to visit her husband yesterday, leaving Gong Yoo who was not feeling well alone at home. Ye Jin's mother had promised to help taking care of Gong Yoo oppa, but now she instead sent Ye Jin to deliver food to the house next door.

Ye Jin placed the pot and bowl of soup and vegetables on the kitchen table. Maybe she could help cleaning up a bit while she's there, Ye Jin thought as she glanced at the sink.

Wearing the apron hanging on the cupboard door, Ye Jin started to busy herself washing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen. Ye Jin had just finished wiping the countertop when the sound of soft footsteps emerged from behind her.

"Ye Jin? What are you doing here?" Gong Yoo rubbed his eyes hard, "Am I still dreaming...?"  his voice sounded a little dazed.

Ye Jin turned to look at her step-cousin gently, "Oppa, you're awake? Eomma told me to bring food for oppa..." She noticed Gong Yoo's pale face and felt worry, "Just lie down if you're still not feeling better..."

Gong Yoo sat at the kitchen table, his head resting on his arms and looking at Ye Jin with wistful eyes. "I'm fine, how are you?"

 "I'm fine, how are you?"

"I'm fine, oppa..." Ye Jin started to arrange the food on the table. "Eomma cooked chicken soup with ginseng for you."

Gong Yoo raised his eyebrows, "Auntie cooked? The smell of raw meat still made you feel nauseous?"

"How do you know?"  Ye Jin asked back.

"Eomma told me."  Gong Yoo replied curtly as he stirred the soup.

Ye Jin looked around awkwardly as Gong Yoo started to eat. Maybe she should just go back home, she thought.

“Sit down, Ye Jin,” Gong Yoo seemed to read her mind, “have you eaten yet?”

Ye Jin nodded with a smile, "Oppa looks skinny now," she commented as she sat down slowly. "Did oppa send a few kilos of your weight to me?"

Gong Yoo smiled faintly at Ye Jin's belly, "You don't look fat, it's just your stomach that is growing. How many months until your baby is born?"