Chapter 27

Gong Yoo watched with concern, how Ye Jin was like a ship that lost its direction after Hyun Bin's departure abroad. The girl seemed to have sensed that her lover would not return, no matter how much her lips kept repeating that Hyun Bin would be home soon to anyone who would listen.

Without a phone or letter delivering news of Hyun Bin's whereabouts and plans to return, Ye Jin's days are getting more and more restless. Like moving on autopilot, Ye Jin kept herself busy with activities at home. Her physique was right here, Gong Yoo thought sadly, but her mind drifted far across the ocean and continents, searching for Hyun Bin's whereabouts that his mother had hidden.

 Her physique was right here, Gong Yoo thought sadly, but her mind drifted far across the ocean and continents, searching for Hyun Bin's whereabouts that his mother had hidden

Entering the third week, Gong Yoo accompanied Ye Jin to shop for baby needs with their mothers. Ye Jin's face seemed a little brighter looking at the cute baby clothes their mothers had chosen, but the clouds always came back when she remembered that the baby's father wasn't there.

It was really hard for Gong Yoo to watch the light in her eyes dimmed day by day. Every night he contemplated whether he should just confess to Ye Jin so she could get back up, but Hyun Bin's mother's words that had convinced him that they were doing the right thing made him hesitate.

After all, what could Ye Jin do after finding out that her lover was imprisoned by his own mother so far away?

Entering the fourth week, the adults began to panic. Hyun Bin's father visits his ex-wife's office looking for answers, but found out that Hyun Bin's mother has resigned from the company to accompany her son to study abroad.

Ye Jin was even more devastated to hear the news from her stepfather, while Gong Yoo could only question himself whether the conspiracy he had with Hyun Bin's mother was too cruel for Hyun Bin and Ye Jin.

At the end of the fourth week, a letter arrived from America. Gong Yoo glanced at the sender's name, Hyun Bin of course, as his mother had predicted. And according to the instructions, Gong Yoo immediately hide it because the letter must not reach Ye Jin's hands.

Gong Yoo knows that letter is what Ye Jin needs to get her spirit back. Even without opening it, Gong Yoo could guess that the letter contained Hyun Bin's request to keep waiting for him while he tried to return to Korea. It won't be easy, of course, because Hyun Bin's mother has planned everything carefully to make Hyun Bin stays in America for a long time. Long enough for Ye Jin and Hyun Bin to make them hopefully forget about each other.

Now is the time for Gong Yoo to enter into the gap that Hyun Bin has left in Ye Jin's life. With her very fragile condition, it must not be difficult to replace his cousin's position as the future husband and future father for Ye Jin's child. Gong Yoo just needs to show genuine affection as he does for Ye Jin, and they will live happily ever after. At least that's the plan he had in mind.