Chapter 4

The amplified sound of cheers and claps swarmed into Gong Yoo's ears when he emerged from the water. While trying to catch his breath, Gong Yoo realized that his cousin has reached the finish line before him. He then smiled weakly and congratulated Hyun Bin for his winning.

It was a fair game, so there was no use to be sad for this small loss, that was what Gong Yoo thought to himself.

Hyun Bin showed his rare smile, feeling satisfied for once again being the winner. His eyes gazed around enjoying the euphoric feeling of winning with his supporters kept on yelling his name over and over again.

Gong Yoo felt that too albeit being in the second position. He can hear half of the audiences yelled his name along with Hyun Bin's name.

He looked around searching for one familiar face between the crowd. This was Ye Jin's first time to attend his competition, he really wished she didn't feel disappointed because Gong Yoo genuinely felt that Hyun Bin's winning was well deserved. He always pushed himself too hard during their practices and never once complained about being tired or bored.

His happiness suddenly turned into worry when he finally found Ye Jin's tensed face looking at him among the crowd. Wait, Ye Jin wasn't looking at him, she was looking at Hyun Bin. Gulped hard, Gong Yoo turned to his cousin and noticed the sharp and cold gaze he sent to Ye Jin's direction.

And just a second later, Hyun Bin jumped out of the pool and walked to the bench to take his towel without looking back at him.

Haishhh, why so dramatic? Gong Yoo shook his head.

Ye Jin seemed to be quite shocked by their interaction, just sat still on the stands with sad face. Worried, Gong Yoo walked to her direction, ignoring Hyun Bin's curious gaze from accross the pool.

The quiet girl didn't notice his presence until Gong Yoo patted her shoulder. "Hey, you okay?" he asked tenderly.

Ye Jin looked up at him, surprised, but wiped away her sad face immediately while shaking her head, "I'm okay, oppa

Ye Jin looked up at him, surprised, but wiped away her sad face immediately while shaking her head, "I'm okay, oppa... I just suddenly remember about something else.."

"Were you sad because I lost?" Gong Yoo teased her.

"What? Noo...! I don't care who won the race. For me, Gong Yoo oppa is the best!" a pair of eye smile appeared on her face. She raised her thumbs to convince him not to worry.

She looked too cute, Gong Yoo couldn't stop himself from messing around with her hair, making her squealed annoyedly.

"Wait for me here, okay? We're going home together." Gong Yoo stood up, looking at the corner where participants gathered around waiting for the winner to be announced.

His eyes met Hyun Bin for a moment, but he decided to ignore his scrutiny.

While deliberately stroking Ye Jin's head under Hyun Bin's eyes, Gong Yoo walked back to his bench

While deliberately stroking Ye Jin's head under Hyun Bin's eyes, Gong Yoo walked back to his bench. Ye Jin could only watched Gong Yoo's back while thinking, what was that all about? It is true that they're quite close, but that one last interaction felt a bit different than the usual.

Their relationship was more like brothers and sisters who always find a reason to annoy each other. Which was actually the consequence of living next to each other for the past 10 years.

Was he just trying to annoy Hyun Bin? But what kind of reaction that he expected from him? Ye Jin's mind keep on turning considering every scenario that her step cousin might come up with, until she didn't realize that the winners have been announced along with the medal presentation. Naturally, Ye Jin clapped and stood along with the other audiences in the spectators stands.

Maybe I should just ask him later, Ye Jin decided finally.

The supporters started to exit the building while the contestants disappeared to the changing room, prepared to go home.

Ye Jin walked outside to the nearest vending machine to buy a drink. She badly needed something to refresh her dry and sore throat.

Ye Jin gulped a can of cold Pocari Swear while waiting for Gong Yoo near the exit door. Out of sudden, a group of girls approached while whispering to each other. A short haired girl came closer and offered her hand, "Hi. My name is Kim Go Eun, may I know what's your name?"

Ye Jin stared bashfully before shaking the hand in front of her, "Hi... I'm Ye Jin."

"So..  You are Gong Yoo oppa's girlfriend?" she asked blatantly.

"What?" Ye Jin asked dumbfounded, "Nooo waaaaaay...! I'm his cousin!"

"Oh... Okay then... Take care!" and with that, Kim Go Eun turned around with a big smile on her face.

Hm. That was weird. So is he some kind of popular here...?

"Ye Jin!" Gong Yoo's voice interrupted her reverie, "Sorry, did you wait too long? Who was that?" Ask Gong Yoo, looking curiously at the short haired girl.

"Is she not your friend? She just came up here and asked my name and if i'm your girlfriend." Ye Jin said while following Gong Yoo's long steps.

"Really? Hahaha.. Don't be surprised, she is one of the big fans I'm sure." Gong Yoo rubbed his nape acting shy.

"Alright, alright... I can see that.. No need to be so cocky..." Ye Jin pouted at him.

"Haishhh, just come over and be quick! I don't want to miss the bus." Gong Yoo grabbed her hand and pulled her along with him.

"Ummm.. Is Hyun Bin oppa went home already?" Ye Jin wondered hesitantly.

Gong Yoo took a glance at her, "He went home without saying goodbye at all. He's a weird guy, I wonder what got him into sour mood. He should've been happy winning the competition!"

They finally reached the crowded bus stop. Ye Jin noticed some familiar faces back from the swimming pool. Some people greeted and pat Gong Yoo on the back, while some just whispering behind them, noticing their joined hands.

Feeling self conscious, Ye Jin attempted to pull back her hand, but Gong Yoo didn't let her to do so. "Just come along, someone might kidnap you or something."

Ye Jin just went along while busy with her own mind. With so many people looking at them right now, it would be difficult to ask more about Hyun Bin. Okay then, maybe she should just wait for another chance when they're home to talk about what happened between Hyun Bin and Ye Jin at the sport center previously.