chapter thirty six

bella's pov

Jack and I agreed to meet each other at Starbucks to talk the next day. We figured that since we'd be in public, there'd be a much less chance of us yelling at each other. 

I pulled up to the clichè coffee shop, and put out my cigarette. I opened the door and my eyes immediately found him sitting at a table in the corner. It's the same one we used to sit at when we had our tutoring sessions. My heart fluttered and I realized this was going to be extremely difficult.

"Hey." He said with a smile when I sat down opposite from him.

"Hi." My voice was shaking and I don't know why he was making me so nervous.

"Can I talk first please?" He says softly.

"Sure." I smiled and tried to prepare myself for what might come out of his mouth.

"Let me start out by saying that im sorry. I'm so fucking sorry. The last thing that I wanted to do was hurt you, even though it may not seem like it. When I heard about you and Johnson, my heart ripped into a million pieces. I get so protective and jealous over you. My best friend got to be intimate with my girl first, and that really bothers me. But I should've actually processed the whole story in my mind before I snapped. You didn't deserve anything I said or did to you, baby. Yes, I'm kind of upset. But I still love you so much. Please just give me another chance? I'm going crazy without you and it's been 2 days."

Holy shit, I definitely wasn't prepared for this. My mind was jumbled and going into so many different directions. My heart was racing and I could feel all of the blood rushing to my cheeks.

I took in a deep breath. "Oh my God. I accept your apology. I know it was hard for you to take in. But I think the real person you need to apologize to is Johnson. You took things entirely too far. Listen, I'd love to give you another chance because I'm madly in love with you. But there's things that we both need to work on and move past in order to make this work."

"I promise, baby. I'll do anything. I'll go apologize to Johnson right now." Jack looked at me softly and I reached across the table to hold his hand. His thumb rubbed over mine and I suddenly felt comforted.

I decided that I couldn't wait any longer and I leaned across the table to kiss his perfect lips. It was a very sweet and gentle kiss, but it was exactly what I needed.

"Let's get out of here. I need some alone time with you." He winked and pulled me out of Starbucks.

"Fuck, we drove here in separate cars."

"Let's go to my house, now. I need you." I jumped in my car and watched Jack run to his. It's crazy how much we really need each other in every way. If it wasn't daytime, I'd take him in the back of my car right now.

//

author's note: kinda short but it's an update so don't complain and plus there will be smut in the next chapter so hooray for awkward sex scenes that I can't write!! :-) 

I LOVE U AND THANK U SO MUCH FOR GETTING THIS SHITTY FANFIC TO 40K+ HOLY FUCK UR SO RAD AND BEAUTIFUL