chapter fifteen

bella's pov

Out of all the times I've been under the influence of various drugs, I've never felt more high than I did when his lips connected with mine. I don't know if its the way they molded perfectly with my lips, or his cute reaction that made me feel this way. But all I know is that I'm desperate for that feeling again. It was exactly what I needed to confirm my feelings. I really fucking liked Jack Gilinsky.

//

"You idiot, where are you taking me?!" I questioned the dark haired boy as he drove out of our big town.

"You'll see, loser. Now close your eyes because it could be a while."

//

"Arabella, wake up. We're here." I felt someone shaking me.

"Gilinsky, there is one thing you need to know about me if we're going to continue this friendship. Don't fucking shake me."

"Yes ma'am, okay. Now get out." He giggled and practically forced me out of the car.

I took one look around and I become mesmorized. It had grown dark outside, and the only light was the glow from the stars. The big city we'd grown used to looked so small from up here. It was absolutely incredible.

"Jack, oh my God. This is amazing up here. How did you find this?" I asked him while still trying to take in everything.

"My sisters and I used to come up here." He swallowed hard, like as if he was nervous or fighting back tears.

"Are you okay?" I stepped towards him and wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"I'm fine. It's just hard talking about her, you know?" I noticed his eyes start to swell up, and then it all hit me.

His older sister got into a car accident last year, and she didn't make it. I remember hearing the story all over school and the news. I guess it was pretty bad too. That's why his parents fight all the time.

"I know babe, I know."

"Did you just call me babe?" He laughed.

"No. Wait what? Yes. Maybe. Fuck, sorry." I didn't mean for that to come out.

"Sorry for what?"

"Calling you babe."

"Arabella, do not apologize for calling me that. If anything, I should be the one calling you babe. There's something I need to tell you, by the way. That's why I brought you here." He took my hands and intertwined our fingers.

"Oh," I started blushing. "Okay."

"Arabella-"

//

author's note: HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA SUCKERS!!! 💖 so like... can we discuss the sidebar photo? it's jack and lindsay demeola (aka the inspiration for arabella) i cried a little when i saw it bc it's like my creation came to life

be sure to comment pls ily!!!