chapter thirty eight

bella's pov

note: a month or so has passed since the last chapter

"How the fuck do girls even do this by themselves?" Jack asked while picking up a box of hair dye on my bathroom counter.

"Read the directions and you'll find out, dummy. It's not that hard." I giggled as I continued brushing the dye into my hair. 

"Rude!" He laughed and then slapped my ass, something he's been doing a lot lately.

"You're distracting me, Gilinsky." I hit him on the arm.

"Sorry baby. So, why are you dying your hair again?"

"Because I want to? And plus, we're graduating in 2 weeks. I want a change after high school, you know what I mean?" I say while finishing up the last part of my hair.

"I understand. Speaking of after high school, have you applied to any colleges yet?" Jack asked.

My stomach immediately dropped. We've avoided this topic for 7 months, and now that it's finally been brought up, I have no idea what to tell him.

"Um, I'm not going to college.." I say softly and avoid his dark brown gaze.

"Wait, really? I didn't know that."

"Yeah, I guess we've never really talked about it." I said and wrapped my hair in a shower cap to let the color soak in for a few minutes.

Jack must have noticed that I was nervous because he immediately stood up and came towards me. "Hey baby, why are you upset?" He wrapped his arms around me and I felt comforted.

"You're not mad at me because I'm not going to college?" I look up at him with pleasing eyes.

"No, are you kidding? I'm not your father. I can't tell you what to do. Don't beat yourself up over it, beautiful." He lifted my chin up to meet his lips and my stomach still exploded with butterflies, even after 7 months.

"Thank you so much, Jack. That means a lot to me." I smiled and kissed his cheek. "So, what are your plans for college?"

His eyes lit up and his mouth formed a big smile. "Um, well my parents want me to go to Yale, like Molly did. But my dream is to attend Full Sail University to pursue music production. I'm waiting to hear back from them actually!"

"Oh my God, babe! You're totally going to get in, I know it! That's so fucking cool. So, how far away is Full Sail? Because you need to visit me on the weekends at least." I ask while taking off my shower cap so I can rinse my hair out.

"Uh, baby...Full Sail University is in Florida."

//

author's note: GUYS OH MY FUCK I'VE RISEN FROM THE DEAD I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED I'VE BEEN SO STRESSED AND BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND CHOIR AND SHIT I HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO WRITE BUT I LITERALLY CANNOT FUCKING EXPRESS HOW THANKFUL I AM FOR ALMOST 78K READS YOU GUYS ARE THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY LIFE I LOVE U ALL SO MUCH O MY GOD I WONT LEAVE FOR THAT LONG AGAIN

i really hope ppl still have this in their library or whatever o shit

PLS COMMENT AND VOTE