chapter forty

bella's pov

"Jack...oh my God. Babe, you got accepted." I smile and try not to cry.

"WHAT?! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?" He quickly stood up from the couch and grabbed the letter from my hand. His eyes scanned over the paper and his face lit up with joy.

"Congratulations babe, I told you that you'd get in." I smiled and stood on my toes to give him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Oh my God. I have to call Johnson." He grabbed his phone and ran upstairs to call his best friend.

I plopped down on his couch and let out a huge breath I didn't know I was holding in. My boyfriend did it. He's going to fulfill his dreams and I'm going to be stuck in this fucking city across the country. I'm extremely proud of him but I still can't ignore the huge pain in my chest. How am I supposed to live without him? I hate being one of those girls who needs their man to survive but he keeps me grounded. Without him, I'd still be drinking and smoking God knows what every night.

My thoughts were quickly interrupted when I heard his footsteps coming down the stairs. His smile was too big to ignore and that made a slight smile form on my face. He sat down next to me and put his arm around me.

I looked up at him and he locked his lips onto mine. I decided to savor this moment because who knows how much more of this we'll have.

Jack finally pulled away and he must have noticed the upset look on my face I was trying to hide.

"What's bothering your beautiful self, babygirl?" He whispered while playing with my hair.

"Nothing, I'm happy for you." I force a smile.

"Arabella, I know something isn't right. Is this about the letter? Because I don't have to go. I'll stay here with you and apply somewhere else so we can be together and- "

"Shut up, Jack. I'm not letting you go somewhere else. This is your dream and I'm letting you live it. Don't you dare say you'll go somewhere else. I'm just being selfish." I say while playing with my fingers.

"But baby, I don't want to leave you."

"You're going to Florida, Jack. We'll make it work." I say even though I know it's not true. Long distance relationships never last.

"Wait, you're for sure not going to college?" He asked.

"No, why?"

"Come with me to Florida! We can get a cute little apartment and shit and you can sit on the beach all day while I'm at school and then I can come home and we can fuck!"

"Jack, I can't just leave... I don't know anyone in Florida."

"Neither do I! But you'll have me. Come on baby, this could be the best thing for us." He grabbed my hand and started playing with my fingers.

I sighed. "Let me think about it."

"Okay!" He smiled and leaned in to give me a soft kiss on the lips.

That does sound very nice actually. I could relax while Jack is at school and then we could be together. But Florida? I always thought I'd be in California forever.

//

author's note: my baby made it into college aw :((

what do u think Bella should do??

I love u