chapter twenty seven

Not edited.

bella's pov

I've been sitting by my phone all day waiting for Jack or his parents to call me. They sent him home from the hospital yesterday and he's supposed to be resting. I just want him to talk to me and tell me everything. I've been so fucking worried about him that I've made myself sick. Not to mention I've been alone throughout this whole process. Jack is pretty much all I have now, and I'm so thankful I didn't lose him.

I found myself falling asleep, and I drifted off into my own land, consumed by thoughts of the boy I love.

//

I'm suddenly awoken by my phone vibrating my whole bed. I checked the caller ID and my heart began pounding. David.

"Hello?" I said slowly.

"Hi Arabella. Katherine told me to call you. He's been resting all day. I think he's about to wake up, if you want to come see him."

"Oh my God. Okay, I'll be there in a few minutes. Thank you so much!"

I rushed to make myself presentable before I grabbed my keys and ran out the front door.

//

Just do it, Bella. Knock on the fucking door. I've been standing outside of Jack's house waiting to knock on the door for like 5 minutes. I'm just so terrified of what's going to happen. Is he going to remember me? Is everything going to be back to normal? I try to push those bad thoughts aside before I finally toughen up and knock on the door.

I'm greeted by Katherine, who still looks like she hates me. "Come on in, dear. He just woke up. I didn't tell him you were coming."

I walked up the stairs and slowly opened his bedroom door. The last time I was in here, is when I found Jack and called 911. The memories come flooding back to me and I have to hold back tears.

I walk in his room, and his eyes immediately meet mine. "What the hell are you doing here?" He spits.

"What the fuck is your problem, Jack? You act like I've killed your dog or something. I've done nothing to you!"

"Oh really? You've done nothing to me? You call fucking another guy nothing?" He raises his voice.

"Excuse me? I haven't had sex with anyone since we even began speaking to each other, Jack!" Anger was growing in my body.

"You act like I'm stupid! I literally walked in on you and Sammy fucking! That's why I came home, drank, and took pills, Arabella! You did this to me! You've fucking ruined me! How could you do this to me? I was nothing but amazing to you!" He choked on his last few words.

Every single word that came out of his mouth made my heart break. Tears flooded to my eyes, and I didn't even try to hold them back. I was so fucking confused, and I felt so lost. "J-Jack. I don't know what to say. I didn't have sex with Sam-" Oh my God. He wouldn't have, would he? He wouldn't take advantage of me while I was high. Who am I fucking kidding? He's Sam Wilkinson.

"What, Arabella?" He's being so hateful, but now I understand why.

"Jack, I was high. Way too high. After dinner with your parents, I started feeling like I wasn't good enough for you. So, the next day I called Sam and asked him to bring me some of his shit. You know about his shit, Jack. It fucks you up. But I needed to get away from those bad thoughts. So he brought some over, I put some in my mouth, and after that I guess he took advantage of me. Jack, baby. You know I'd never cheat on you. I've done nothing before this to lose your trust. You have to believe me. I love you." By this point, I was full on sobbing.

He sat there and looked stunned. "You l-love me?"

"Yes, Jack. I've loved you for a while. I was just too scared to tell you."

"I love you too, Arabella. I mean it. And I just so happen to believe you. I'm so fucking sorry that happened to you, baby. He won't get away with this."

He got out of bed and wrapped his arms around me. I've missed the feeling of being in his arms. It's where I feel safe and protected.

We stood there for a good 5 minutes just holding each other and crying. I'm so fucking thankful I didn't lose him.

//

author's note: hey lol!!! I didn't die. except after reading this chapter am i right

comment/vote pls! I love u and thank u for over 12k reads. :-)