| chapter five. |

♚ CHAPTER  FIVE ♚

♚ CHAPTER  FIVE

IT WAS LIKE THE UNOFFICIAL RITUAL OF the Karasuno volleyball club, the second and third years sat in a circle with their lunches and books under the wisteria tree in the garden behind the school. In the approaching exams season like this, they would hold a small study session with Yanagi ―who had, for some reason, become their teacher. It's also because one of the requirements for them to attend the training camp is to score above the passing grade.

This is how the system works. They are divided into groups based on their year. Suga, who will be in charge of the third years' study group, and Ennoshita, who will be in charge of the second year. Then, if the two of them don't understand something, they'll ask Yanagi.

Or, Yanagi could also teach them all at once. He also made exercises, which are then discussed together. Because, for some reason, Yanagi's explanation was twice as easy to understand as their teacher's. And how almost everything he teaches will later appear in their exam questions.

"Are, how about the first year?" Kinoshita asked abruptly, closing his literature book and popping the chips he got from the vending machine into his mouth.

"Ah yeah, you're right. Hinata and Kageyama have the lowest test scores," Asahi sighed, then turned to Yanagi, who was leaning against a tree, playing with his iPad. "Yanagi, we didn't invite them here?"

"Let them approach first," said Suga with a mischievous grin, then he leaned to the dark grey haired teen with a sweet smile. "Naoto-kun, I don't understand this part..."

Seeing that, Daichi deadpanned. "After Yanagi returned, Suga went back to sticking to him like a leech," he muttered under his breath at Asahi, who was sweatdropped, not denying it at all.

The day continued as usual, with Yanagi's hell training ―which Coach Ukai, unfortunately, agreed to― additional practice for Kageyama and Hinata, and Yanagi's threats to the two first years to get good grades or he would forbid them from ever setting foot in the gym and practicing with them.

When he slowly opened the cafe door, the aroma of coffee grounds hit him, instantly calming his tired body. It's late, and Yanagi wants to get some coffee to accompany him while he stays up late. His hand gently stroked the queue number paper as he searched for an empty seat in this fairly busy cafe. He came to a halt when he noticed a familiar figure sipping a milkshake with papers and books strewn across his desk.

He approached slowly, checking to see if it was really him or if he was seeing things incorrectly. "Kageyama?"

The individual raised his head, his gorgeous blue eyes slightly widened, with his lips still on the straw. He still had a blank expression on his face, despite the fact that he appeared tired and sleepy. "Yanagi-san?"

Yanagi took a look at the papers and realized they were some exercises and doodles. With reference books. "You're studying."

The black-haired teen only nodded briefly, his lips again sipping his milkshake. His gaze was drawn to his upperclassmen sitting in front of him, who were observing the papers.